Honored Contributor

COOL BEAUTIES: COOL TONED SHADOW PALETTE

[ Edited ]

If you love cool tones of eye shadow and seem to never find one, check out the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette (cruelty free). Each shade is wearable for us...even the browns and taupes are cool. 

I purchased two. There's one in my kit and one for personal use. I know it'll be my new favorite. 

Honored Contributor

Re: COOL BEAUTIES: COOL TONED SHADOW PALETTE

Trusted Contributor

Shanus, I love cool toned shadows, even though my skin tone is somewhat warm. All of the current warm shadow palettes and colors make me look so ill!  I've always been drawn to more cooler taupe-y eye shades.

I saw this palette on the 'Tube" and I'm SOOOO tempted, but the number of shimmers is stalling me - I'm 63 and no longer have smooth lovely eyelids!  (Oh how I wish I wore  more shadow when I did!)

Questions for you, as our resident professional, 1- do you think this can be worn on mature eyes; and 2- can it be worn on a warmer toned skin (although fair/light) with hazel eyes?  

Super Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

Shanus, I love cool toned shadows, even though my skin tone is somewhat warm. All of the current warm shadow palettes and colors make me look so ill!  I've always been drawn to more cooler taupe-y eye shades.

I saw this palette on the 'Tube" and I'm SOOOO tempted, but the number of shimmers is stalling me - I'm 63 and no longer have smooth lovely eyelids!  (Oh how I wish I wore  more shadow when I did!)

Questions for you, as our resident professional, 1- do you think this can be worn on mature eyes; and 2- can it be worn on a warmer toned skin (although fair/light) with hazel eyes?  

I agree. I counted 4-5 shadows that were my everyday mattes and I'm mature as well. Dont care for shimmer during the day .

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

If you love cool tones of eye shadow and seem to never find one, check out the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette (cruelty free). Each shade is wearable for us...even the browns and taupes are cool. 

I purchased two. There's one in my kit and one for personal use. I know it'll be my new favorite. 

@Shanus   One of the, if not the best eyeshadow formulas on the market! I have her Gold palette, The Bronze palette and a couple of her minis, and love them all. 😊

Honored Contributor

I LOVE that the shadows are labeled with where to put them on the lid.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

it cost $65! That seems a bit high to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Soooo pretty!  I just might have to but I promised my husband I would cool it for awhile on the makeup and skincare Smiley Sad

My signature look for years and what I wore for my wedding as a Lancome taupe called Fawn.  A light pink as a highlight color.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

it cost $65! That seems a bit high to me.

@Goldengate8361   I've spent that much for a shadow palette and never touched 1/3 of the colors. To me, if every one is winner, it's worth the price. 

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1   Hazel eyes and fair/light skin should probably be neutral, not warm. I think you could do it. If you like shimmer on "mature eyes", just do a touch on the center of the lid over your matte shade or you can use a light toned shimmer shadow on the inner corner of your eyes. Blend the second area well, so you it's not obvious.

Light shimmers can used over blush to give light to the face or a bit over the Cupid's bow (center of top lip) to give a "pout". 

Let me know if you try it and like these ideas.