Respected Contributor

Re: CONTINUED / RE: you tubers you follow and why

None of the YouTube channels that I'm subscribed to are beauty related:

Leland Sklar, he's a really well known bassist, who's played with just about everyone who's anyone in 50+ years in the music biz & his channel which he posts to every day, is just a delight.

Crime Scene Cleaning, they post a new video every Thursday & some of it is hilarious & some of it is heartbreaking.

Tasting History With Max Miller, he combines food & history & makes foods & recipes from history & the ancient world.

Real Royalty

Dr. Sandra Lee (aka Dr. Pimple Popper), which I guess is sort of beauty related!

Brian Tyler Cohen & David Pakman, which are both political related

America's Test Kitchen

There are several others that YT sometimes recommends for me that I watch if the subject interests me.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

I know 3 people who have poo-pooed masks and social distancing and refused to wear a mask (even where it's mandated).  One of them is my 81 year old mother.  They all three have or have had Covid.  My mother just got out of the hospital today.  Can I just tell you how hard I'm biting my lip!!!  Will be interesting to see if she wears one now.  My 86 year old father has it but showing NO symptoms.  If you ask him how he can test positive but have no symptoms, he'll tell you, "because I'm tough,  I was in the Army" LOL

@monicakm  - I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. Glad your mother is home and sending prayers for your father! I love his comment about being tough. 👍😄

As for DS, I remember seeing all the pictures of her big family gatherings since last October - people, from other countries as well, were commenting on how they can't socialize like her because of Covid. Maybe now she will start practicing social distancing like the rest of the world. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883  - I'm suprised that DS actually posts pictures of all the parties, etc.  She's posting her ignorance and now she's got Covid. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mimi 1883  - I'm suprised that DS actually posts pictures of all the parties, etc.  She's posting her ignorance and how she's got Covid. 

@San Antonio Gal - Yes, lots of pics and I think there was even a short video of them partying on Halloween, a Lot of people there. A group of them went out dining for her mother's birthday(short video,) and other times as well. It looked as if they hadn't heard of the virus. Now, several of her family members have Covid. What is wrong with some people? 🤦‍♀️

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7KSMVyGOfU&t=10s

My Covid Story | Dominique Sachse

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mimi 1883  - I'm suprised that DS actually posts pictures of all the parties, etc.  She's posting her ignorance and how she's got Covid. 

@San Antonio Gal - Yes, lots of pics and I think there was even a short video of them partying on Halloween, a Lot of people there. A group of them went out dining for her mother's birthday(short video,) and other times as well. It looked as if they hadn't heard of the virus. Now, several of her family members have Covid. What is wrong with some people? 🤦‍♀️

Months ago she went shopping when people were advised to stay home. Any comments she deleted. Subs asked her about all her family get togethers. 

That woman spends a lot of time at her hairdresser along with her filler addiction. Nice lady but does not seem to be the most informed...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

She is a very nice lady.  I know a few people that know her personally. She's well loved in Houston where she lives and works as a tv news anchor.  She made bad judgement calls when it came to Covid.  Millions have Smiley Sad  I don't beleive in kicking people when they're down tho.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a registered viewer at YT.  I do watch random videos now and then, usually I am too busy and forget about YT.

Did you know the top producers can make an estimated 20 million on that venue?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Trinity11 

She is a very nice lady.  I know a few people that know her personally. She's well loved in Houston where she lives and works as a tv news anchor.  She made bad judgement calls when it came to Covid.  Millions have Smiley Sad  I don't beleive in kicking people when they're down tho.

@monicakm  - I don't think @Trinity11  was kicking her while she's down.   She was just sharing what bad choices DS made.  Unfortunately, these bad choices can affect others.  With her being a public figure, her posts of all the partying/socializing she did rubbed people the wrong way. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Trinity11 

If that is what you inferred from my post, you are wrong. 

Unfortunately, her obsession with her appearance has lead her to make poor choices in judgment. In fact, I feel very sorry for her @monicakm .