Contributor

CONTINUED / RE: you tubers you follow and why

I have followed & enjoyed several you tubers that have already been mentioned here. (Angie from Hot & Flashy, Dr Dray & Sharon Danley) All of which I'm sure I heard of from these boards. I have also just noticed a few new ones mentioned that I look forward to checking out.

Not necessarily "beauty related" but anyone with any toe nail issues, diabetes related foot issues or if you are a caregiver to an ill or elderly loved one with any of those issues. There are a few you tubers I have found interesting and informative. The DC Foot Doctor and The Toe Bro. Both of these doctors are skilled in their profession. Not only that, they excel in compassion and sincere concern for their patients. Especially now with so many elders unable to get out and get the treatment that they need. They help bring an awareness to an issue that is very easily overlooked. But I must give a WARNING!!! Some of the videos are VERY GRAPHIC! The removal of toe nails for instance. But aside from that, the care and compassion they show their patients far outweighs the occasional unpleasant graphic video. I realize this may not appeal to many. But, personally, I find there videos almost calming. I appreciate these men who excel at what they do while seeing each of their patients get the care that they need

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CONTINUED / RE: you tubers you follow and why

None. I don't have a YT account or login.

The revelations that came out after the beauty influensters scandal was enough to keep me from ever watching again.

If I need medical advice, my PCP is a telehealth appt away.

Valued Contributor

Great post @New Grandma

If I had problems with my feet that you mentioned, I would watch the procedures.

Esteemed Contributor

I follow Jillian Michaels, Thomas DeLauer & Glenn Kirschner

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mel Thompson.  She's edgy and glam at the same time.

James Welsh..skincare

Angelica Nyquist...makeup

Allie Glines

Taylor Wynn

Wayne Goss

Hyram (skincare)

Brad Mondo (for hair entertainment)

Kelly Strack

Nicol Johnson

Zabrena

Alexandra Anele

and more

(why do I feel like I've already posted this) Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@New Grandma - This past summer I unsubscribed from all the Beauty YT's with the exception of Dominique Sachse.

I also subscribe to 'The White Cottage Company' - she's so creative with her furniture re-do's and so much more. I love her property (Berlin, OH) - it's so private and beautiful. And, of course, a couple of pet channels. ♥️

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Mel Thompson.  She's edgy and glam at the same time.

James Welsh..skincare

Angelica Nyquist...makeup

Allie Glines

Taylor Wynn

Wayne Goss

Hyram (skincare)

Brad Mondo (for hair entertainment)

Kelly Strack

Nicol Johnson

Zabrena

Alexandra Anele

and more

(why do I feel like I've already posted this) Smiley Surprised

@monicakm  - I also follow Taylor Wynn.  Love her makeup videos.  I don't watch any of her food, moving, etc videos - just makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

None. I don't have a YT account or login.

The revelations that came out after the beauty influensters scandal was enough to keep me from ever watching again.

If I need medical advice, my PCP is a telehealth appt away.

@Snowpuppy  - don't let a few bad apples ruin it from watching all the amazing beauty related videos.  There are so many honest and drama free you tubers out there.

Trusted Contributor

Very few.

I refuse to support anyone who can't speak one sentence without using the F-word or some other foul word. No need for it when discussing makeup/skincare and to hear it every other word....see ya, bye.

I also refuse to support anyone who engages in behavior I wouldn't tolerate in real life. What we see on YouTube is what they want you to see but who they choose to collab with, how they act in the comments, their attitudes.....yeah, don't want that either. See ya, bye.

Last, I refuse to support someone who CONSTANTLY is shilling merchandise either someone else's or their own. If I wanted to watch an infomercial, I'd watch late night TV.

At this point, I just click on videos via a search when I'm looking for information. Beyond that, it isn't something that plays a role anymore.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I only watch a few:

Dominique Sachse

Marnie Goldberg

Emily Noel

Zabrena

Elle Leary 

Wayne Goss

I am sure there are others out there that are great. However, if I am going to watch them, they need to be concise,easy on the ear, don't ramble, aren't pretentious and just meet my sensibility in general

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield