Honored Contributor

Re: CONTINUED / RE: you tubers you follow and why

Her livelihood depends on her looks, like most anyone else on tv.  More than a few people who are not in the public eye are even obsessed with they're looks enough for plastic surgery.  Not a bad thing if you have the money  and pain tolerance (I don't have either!)  

I told my sister in law, that watches her nightly on the news, that she has COVID.  They had no idea.  Just noticed her missing from the news lately.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Maybe she's learned a lesson (the hard way and at the expense of others).  I hope everyone has or will fully recover.  

Honored Contributor

I honestly didn't pay much attention Dominque's videos or photos initially. I did go back and glance through them.   I thought the people who were in the photos with her were her immediate family in her own household? 

I did see some photos of her out to dine and when I looked at the photos, they were outside and there was no one else around them.  It didn't appear that any of the photos were inside a crowded restaurant or bar.

As far as her getting her hair colored, I don't get the big deal.  Again, it doesn't appear she is in a crowded salon.  Salons in my area are opened and I'm assuming they are opened where she is as well, unless her job provides hair services.  I am getting my hair cut and colored and I also get my nails done.  Salons are following protocols here and I don't feel unsafe.  When it was warm enough, I also would go to eat at outdoor dining.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Thank you for this.  Even tho I'm a subscriber, I don't follow her like I used to.  I'm glad to hear that she appears to be practicing Coivd protocol for soical distancing.

Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check that out, sounds like something I would enjoy!

Honored Contributor

My favorite Youtuber is Ali Andreea. She often has content direct from Paris. She is a gifted makeup artist and her techniques are wonderful. She had some wonderful content around the holidays where she went shopping and her favorite eating spots. My son has always told me I would love Paris. He has traveled the world and Paris is his favorite destination. Definitely on my bucket list..

Valued Contributor

I watched Dominque Sachse’s video today.  Wow...for someone who has been down with covid and no makeup, she looked beautiful.  Thankfully, she said her symptoms have been relatively mild.  

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 , I LOVE Andrea Ali.  (I watched one of her videos that mentioned that her channel name switched her first and last name. I found it confusing too!)

Her Paris blogs are wonderful, aren't they?  The Christmas decorations in the big Paris department stores was so stunning. 

Just today I watched a video where she showed how to do eye makeup for those who wear glasses.  

Her husband is apparently a fashion phtog in Paris and I think that's why her videos look so professional.  

I know she takes sponsorships and seems to push items sometimes, but given the fact that her livelihood has been so impacted by Covid, I don't blame her at all.  

Honored Contributor

I don't follow anyone on Youtube.  I use it when I need to know how to do something.  I'm a visual person so watching s Youtuber assemble something or do something works better for me than reading instructions.  I do not care for the makeup videos but I did learn how to trim and shape my own hair by watching several Youtube videos.