Occasional Contributor

CONFUSED PHILOSOPHY WORTH IT?

Is it true that Philosophy is no longer cruelty free???? I've seen what they do to those puppies and I will no longer use Purity, as much as I love it, I hate cruelty more!! Couldn't believe they are NOT on the Cruelty Free List!!!

P

Pacha Soap CompanyParadise City HerbalParissa Leaping Bunny LogoCanadian CompanyPatrick Smith Natural Health Leaping Bunny LogoPaula's Choice Leaping Bunny LogoPaul MitchellPetastic Leaping Bunny LogoPhilessentialPioraPittstown SoapworksPlain Jane Beauty Leaping Bunny LogoPlanet, Inc.Pluff Made LovePolish CosmeticsPour le Monde Parfums Leaping Bunny LogoPreservePristine BeautyPriti NYC Leaping Bunny Logo

Priti NYC LogoPriti NYCLeaping Bunny Logo
Web: www.pritinyc.com

Priti NYC - A non-toxic nail polish & organic skincare line, specializing in the care of hands & feet.

Hide Company Info.

Prophet Skincare, LLCPro-Tec Pet HealthPura Vida Spa... ahh! Canadian CompanyPure Anada Natural Canadian CompanyPURE organic Canadian CompanyPure & Gentle SoapPure TouchPurple Prairie Botanicals

Regular Contributor

Re: CONFUSED PHILOSOPHY WORTH IT?

I think that's because they're owned by Coty, which does do animal testing. Not sure if Philosophy itself tests.... Any company that sells in China has to animal test, sadly.
Honored Contributor

There is no excuse to test beauty products on animals. Period.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/27/2014 Venezia said:

There is no excuse to test beauty products on animals. Period.

right!
Trusted Contributor

Here's the beautypedia review of Purity from Paula's Choice:

This cleanser is overloaded with irritating ingredients. The fact that it is listed as “Best of Sephora” merely means that lots of Sephora customers are using a cleanser that is hurting their skin. Fragrant oils are abundant in this cleanser, and all of them contain volatile components that are irritating to skin. Philosophy also included black pepper extract, just in case the fragrant oils weren’t irritating enough. Those of you who use this cleanser may not see the irritation it causes because most of the irritation is taking place under the skin, where collagen is being damaged and free-radical damage is being generated, but it is happening nonetheless. For the health of your skin and your beauty budget, please consider switching to a truly gentle water-soluble cleanser.

Esteemed Contributor

I've posted this before, but the only products my skin has ever reacted to have been Philosophy products, specifically Hope in a Jar, which was absolutely awful for me. Even though I used it nowhere near my eyes, it made them sting badly. I am not sensitive to anything else I've ever tried. I was so so surprised by this that I tried again a few months later, and had the same reaction.

I used to be "a Philosophy girl", and I have tons of sample packets that I will never use. Purity, Hope in a Jar, etc. I recently had a friend of my son's stay over as a houseguest, and she didn't want them either.

Kiss