Honored Contributor

Re: CONFUSED BY FALL LIP LOOK

@tototwo wrote:

I agree with what others have said -- I wear lipsticks that wear well and colors that look good on me.  Don't follow trends.  Which is why I've worn the same brands and colors of lipstick for decades.  Maybe I need a change?    Nope.

ITA.  

When lipstick becomes "confusing", that's when everyone needs to take a deep breath & just....think about things. 

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

I'm glad to see some color the nude lip in my mind is happily not everywhere. I always use a wine or plum shade. I just look better with some color. At least I can find some now. I'm stocking up.

@fluffysmom  I was looking forward to finding a new wine/burgundy shade to wear for the new season. I've worn a new nude lip forever. 

Now with my fair skin and new white hair (first winter w/ white hair), thought a deeper or brighter lip might look fresh and new. 

Can anyone with similar coloring suggest some good ones to try? 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I feel cosmetics companies do this to make us buy more lipstick.I tend to my own shades anyway. Pinks and light berries in summer, chocolate nudes and more orange reds in winter. I know women say you can't have too m any lipsticks, but yes, you can. :-)

@LisaMofSLC

Of course they do ..... and there are countless gullible women around who will fall all over themselves to copy the "new fall look" or whatever is currently being hawked this season.  

I wish women had more common sense, but I guess they actually think there's some "miracle" shade out there that will change their lives.

It won't.

@Tinkrbl44  Do you really think women feel a lipstick will change their lives? Maybe they just like to purchase a different shade to change their look. Change their lives? I doubt it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I feel cosmetics companies do this to make us buy more lipstick.I tend to my own shades anyway. Pinks and light berries in summer, chocolate nudes and more orange reds in winter. I know women say you can't have too m any lipsticks, but yes, you can. :-)

@LisaMofSLC

Of course they do ..... and there are countless gullible women around who will fall all over themselves to copy the "new fall look" or whatever is currently being hawked this season.  

I wish women had more common sense, but I guess they actually think there's some "miracle" shade out there that will change their lives.

It won't.

@Tinkrbl44  Do you really think women feel a lipstick will change their lives? Maybe they just like to purchase a different shade to change their look. Change their lives? I doubt it.

@Shanus

Oh good grief ........    Uh, NO, Shanus, I don't think a lipstick will actually change someone's life ..... I was being sarcastic.  I'm sorry you found that confusing.

Respected Contributor

I have never fallen for the nude lip look. That's my personal preference and I look washed out without a  color. Red lips are my weak spot. Can't pass up a good red lipstick although I do wear other colors. Will be 68 in November and I just think older women look better with some color. However, I do shy away from deep deep burgundy or a blackberry shade. If a shade is too dark, it can age a woman also. Just follow the rule that what looks good on you is what you should wear.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  I am currently liking the Bare Minerals Luxe Shine # 298383 in NSFW. If you have been wearing nudes you might want to start with something lighter. Bobbi Brown has some nice colors too. Hers were always brownish and not so attractive. Anyhow someone had a half off sale and there were actually some colors.With white hair and fair skin you'll be beautiful with some color.

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@Shanus  I am currently liking the Bare Minerals Luxe Shine # 298383 in NSFW. If you have been wearing nudes you might want to start with something lighter. Bobbi Brown has some nice colors too. Hers were always brownish and not so attractive. Anyhow someone had a half off sale and there were actually some colors.With white hair and fair skin you'll be beautiful with some color.

@fluffysmom  Thanks for your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

I just use a shade that goes with my complexion and does not wash out my features. Sometimes that can be a real challenge. LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  It means that anything goes.

I know less and less women who pay attention to that prattle. Do what works for you and go on being fabulous is my motto! : )

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  You and I have similiar coloring (very pale with white hair. Well, mine is dark brown with white streaks and white all around my face so... close, lol).

I have naturally flushed lips. Shades change on me so I'm REALLY picky about colors. Here is a list of tried and true (they look great in photos and MA compliment me/ask the shades).

*Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lipcolor in #438 Suzanne

*Urban Decay Ulta Noursihing gloss in Beso

*Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Broadest Berry

*Rodial Suede Lips in Big Apple

I have other shades but ALL are discontinued so I have them copied and custom made for me (fantastic service this company provides). Most shades turn orangy on me so to find shades that flatter my coloring and stay true....I stick with them. HTH! : )