Honored Contributor

Re: CONFUSED BY FALL LIP LOOK

No confusion here. I might take a glance at a beauty magazine when I'm at my hair salon, but even then, I don't take any of it seriously.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

The best looks are the ones you like when you see yourself in the mirror.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,   I wear both creamy and matte.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I actually just bought my fall lip look today: Clinique Cubbie Stick in Fuller Fig. It's a bit richer than my usual pink nude and bronze rose that I wear for spring and summer. Makes my teeth look whiter, too. ;-)
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

My fall/winter magazines are showing dark wine lip colors and nude shades. There are matte finishes and those that have a lacquer look. 

Is their a "look" or is it anyone's guess?

i thinks its both, from looking at my instagram both work

I actually like the liquid matte lipsticks right now, they don't bleed on me at my age, and I can top them with a gloss.

a cream or sheer just is not for me 

today I used a WnW matte you know the ones that cost 1.50...lasts all day 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

At this stage in the game (mid 60's), I do not follow trends in lipstick.  I wear what I like and sometimes it's a medium shade and sometimes lighter.  The dark shades are not for me.  Dark shades make you lips look smaller.  Light shades make lips look larger.  Cat Wink

Same here.  I've learned that even when bright or dark shades are "trendy", they look garish on me.  

Valued Contributor

I'm glad to see some color the nude lip in my mind is happily not everywhere. I always use a wine or plum shade. I just look better with some color. At least I can find some now. I'm stocking up.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I feel cosmetics companies do this to make us buy more lipstick.I tend to my own shades anyway. Pinks and light berries in summer, chocolate nudes and more orange reds in winter. I know women say you can't have too m any lipsticks, but yes, you can. :-)

@LisaMofSLC

Of course they do ..... and there are countless gullible women around who will fall all over themselves to copy the "new fall look" or whatever is currently being hawked this season.  

I wish women had more common sense, but I guess they actually think there's some "miracle" shade out there that will change their lives.

It won't.

Esteemed Contributor

I like all kinds of shades, but generally, lighter.

Guess I won't be in fashion this fall!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with what others have said -- I wear lipsticks that wear well and colors that look good on me.  Don't follow trends.  Which is why I've worn the same brands and colors of lipstick for decades.  Maybe I need a change?    Nope.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt