Respected Contributor

Re: CONCEALERS THAT BRIGHTEN

For the life of me I just can't wear any concealers!  When I try them they all do the same thing and settle in fine lines and make it all stick out like a sore thumb!  I just use a tiny amount of my foundation that's left on my brush after applying to rest of my face which isn't much and that's it.  At least it doesn't settle and I never have to wipe it away during the day due to creasing.

I wish I knew how to make it work for me but none of them pan out in then end and I tried several mentioned in this thread...also IT's & Tarte and covergirl and so on.  Wasted my money is all.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

For the life of me I just can't wear any concealers!  When I try them they all do the same thing and settle in fine lines and make it all stick out like a sore thumb!  I just use a tiny amount of my foundation that's left on my brush after applying to rest of my face which isn't much and that's it.  At least it doesn't settle and I never have to wipe it away during the day due to creasing.

I wish I knew how to make it work for me but none of them pan out in then end and I tried several mentioned in this thread...also IT's & Tarte and covergirl and so on.  Wasted my money is all.

@tsavorite   Sometimes I use an oil like apricot oil, argan, whatever you choose and dab a bit under the eyes using a q tip or I mix a drop in my hand with undereye moisturizer. After application, give it time to plump up the creases in that area. Even if you just use  foundation there and not concealer, the creases should look less.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Bobbie Brown had an under concealer that was for darker circles. You just tap a dab of that under concealer and it gave a natural,look, and the concealer looked great. 

@Effie54   The BB concealers are still available. There's the original creamy one in a compact (my preference) and a full coverage one in a tube w/ doe foot which I find too dry for the undereye. If undereye is dark there is a corrector to go underneath.

Doe foot???????

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

This product has a 'doe foot' applicator. I guess it's called that b/c the shape of the applicator tip resembles a deer's foot.

Pin on ELF Cosmetics

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@tsavorite I so get what you are saying.  I am in the same boat.  Just this weekend I'm taking 3 concealers back to Ulta because they didn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline 

This product has a 'doe foot' applicator. I guess it's called that b/c the shape of the applicator tip resembles a deer's foot.

Pin on ELF Cosmetics

Oh, ok, got it. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Bobbie Brown had an under concealer that was for darker circles. You just tap a dab of that under concealer and it gave a natural,look, and the concealer looked great. 

@Effie54   The BB concealers are still available. There's the original creamy one in a compact (my preference) and a full coverage one in a tube w/ doe foot which I find too dry for the undereye. If undereye is dark there is a corrector to go underneath.

Doe foot???????

@Judaline   Sorry, the concealer's in a tube with a "felt  like" tip on the wand. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I do wear a undereye product that is a shade lighter than my foundation (which is the same shade as my skin).  It is blended well and not heavy.  I think it looks good but the same shade concealer (to match my foundation) would probably look good too.  I'm using Tatcha's Pearl mixed with a tiny drop of Hourglass Primer.