Trusted Contributor

When choosing concealer for undereye and for other areas around my face, should I use two different types of concealer?  Under my eyes, I usually use the triangle method for concealing.  Can undereye concealer be used for that?  

I've always used undereye concealer, but I read an article that said I should be using separate concealers.  What would another type of concealer be?   Can you tell I'm completely confused???   THANKS!

Respected Contributor

I think it all depends as to whether or not you have bags or darkness: when I'm  little puffy, light concealer makes me look worse: I use medium on those days. 

I still use the light concealer as a super easy, subtle, believable reverse contour and to highlight my cheekbones and slim my nose, and it's also a great brow bone highlighter.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I like to use a product that is specifically labeled for eyes and is more of a brightener than a concealer.  I don't have dark circles so all I need is a bit of concealing & brightening under and around my eyes. I also use the triangle method.

I used to use YSL Touché Éclat, but it is very expensive. I also still have some Becca eye brightener - it is a pink shimmery substance that comes in a small pot. I have used all kinds of drugstore brands too. Maybelline has a new eye concealer that I have been using lately - Dream Lumi - it comes in a few shades. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried so many concealers that I stopped counting. I have very fair, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies. I also have had dark circles and puffiness under my eyes -forever!!  What works for me:

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Eye Therapy. It helps with the darkness and the puffiness and coneals all in one. On really bad days I will apply another concealer on top but that is not often. It also brightens the area a bit but does not have any shimmer to it.

Bobbi Brow Correct, Conceal and Set three piece kit.  I use this under the eye on really, really bad days as well as on my face .  It will cover the worse of any allergic reaction that I might have. You can also layer this if needed.

This is what works for me.  I was so tired of having three types of concealer for my face and eyes. I think you need to be careful about using some products that are "eye safe". That skin is more tender than you face and that's sensitive as well.  I know they have some prodcuts are are good all over the face up to the eye area but those did not work for me or do the job.Remember that I'm an extreme case with my allergies and sensitivities so most products do not work for me that work for others. These two do.

Hope this helps you. 

Respected Contributor

@Quinny

As I have posted before, I use only one concealer for eyes and face: IT BYE BYE Under Eye.

There is no shimmer, no lines.  I use it under eye for the darkness and entire upper eyelid for darkness and as a matte taupe eyeshadow which needs nothing on top of it.  Applies with brush but sometimes I will smoothe out with finger tip.  Know about the triangle method but never use it.

"Shadow" stays put all day and evening: really opens the eye.

I keep my makeup stuff to a minimum...less costly but still does a great job, judging by feedback.  HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

When choosing concealer for undereye and for other areas around my face, should I use two different types of concealer?  Under my eyes, I usually use the triangle method for concealing.  Can undereye concealer be used for that?  

I've always used undereye concealer, but I read an article that said I should be using separate concealers.  What would another type of concealer be?   Can you tell I'm completely confused???   THANKS!

Depends on the consistency of the concealer.  I lot of people hate Bye Bye Under Eye concealer for under the eyes - weird, I know.  But they love it to conceal dark spots and blemishes.  For me, under the eye concealer shouldn't be super thick and should easily be blended out with your finger or sponge.  Blemish concealer can be a little thicker. 

It's really up to your own preferences and your skin.

Trusted Contributor

I love IT concealer and I also use Trish McEvoy triangle of light later in the day or evening if I have makeup on

Honored Contributor

I think you should use whatever works for you. Those vendors that would tell you you need a separate product are just trying to sell you more product! If it still looks good to you when you put down the visor in your car and look in the mirror then you're golden

Esteemed Contributor

I have dark circles under my eyes that foundation doesn't cover well so I buy a fair or light concealer. I don't have eye bags, just darkness. For a foundation I use IT Cosmetics CC cream SPF 50 in the medium shade mixed with the light shade.

I'm also one who is constantly looking for the perfect concealer. I mix up a couple of fair shades ofL'Oreal colors together and smoothit on with a foundation brush. So etimes it's the whole undereye area and so etimes it also includes the upper eyelid area.

i prefer a darker shade of a comcealer to cover a zit -- something in a light to medium shade.

Contributor

In general, I like a brightening concealer under the eyes, maybe one shade lighter than your foundation and for the rest of the face if you have real discoloration or blemishes, I like one that matches my skin tone or foundation that I'm using.  Do what works best for you.  The products I like are:  Cleu de Peau (good for every area, but can be drying under the eyes...use a good eye cream), Bobbi Brown (corrector/concealer), Trish McVoy (instant eye lift)...Hope this helps.