Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Have you recently taken any new medication?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   Have you recently taken any new medication?

@Katcat1   I did rule out any new meds, skincare, spf or makeup. It's a mystery so far, but easily covered w/ corrector and concealer.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I thought of one more thing -- did you eat anything different?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

YES!  I just posted about it on another thread.  For the last three weeks, I've been fighting what I can only assume is Exzema (consulted with Dr. Google).  Extreme dryness (I'm normally an extremely oily girl with acne prone skin), scaling, redness, peeling.  I'm freaking out! 

I do have an appointment with a Derm but the appointment is for two more weeks still.  I don't know what has caused this.  The only thing I can think is that I tried The Ordinary's 1% with Squalane and pretty much since then this has been occurring.  The thing is I've been on prescription Retinal in the past and didn't even have this reaction.  So I don't know, but man this is bad.  If you could see me!  

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I ruled new foods out first. It's a puzzle, right?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

That Aveeno Calm and Restore is some good stuff!  I think it should be a staple in every household.  I haven't needed it very often but the times I have, I was back to normal the next day.  Hope you're back to normal asap.

Honored Contributor

FOUND THE CULPRIT: 

In a hurry to pack up for DC and again on Friday to Charlotte (leave "get away bag" packed up), I  grabbed an older sunscreen (6 mos. expired). So difficult to read dates on crimped edge of tube.

The side windows in our new car have not had the darker tint yet...came w/ tinted windows, but didn't have time to have them made darker, as we've had done...appt. next week.

So, on the trip to DC and then again to Charlotte, I was gettting sun from the passenger or driver side window. That explains the weird redness on part of right side of face. The DC trip caused slight burn on left side.

So, my spf is in the trash, newer one added to my bag with SPF 50 and redness is almost gone. @monicakm  is correct...that Aveeno is a miracle serum.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   My money is on YOU!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I hadn't realized you were out of town but I knew you hadn't been posting.  I just thought maybe you were busy with the upcoming bridal season. Congrats on the new car.  Glad the Aveeno serum helped.  There is also a Calm and Restore moisturizer I keep on hand for "uh ohs"

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

I hadn't realized you were out of town but I knew you hadn't been posting.  I just thought maybe you were busy with the upcoming bridal season. Congrats on the new car.  Glad the Aveeno serum helped.  There is also a Calm and Restore moisturizer I keep on hand for "uh ohs"

@monicakm   Ah yes, wedding season, graduation parties, prom (?) and "just because"..........