Honored Contributor

Sorry you are having this problem!  Hopefully, it's just a temporary thing and will clear up quickly.  Maybe you are getting rosacea?  I'm not saying it is, but it's a possibility.  My skin was great until one day suddenly it wasn't.  It's been a battle ever since rosacea hit.  Now, I can use something for a long while and my skin will be o.k. and then suddenly, it reacts terribly.  

I know that you are very careful with what you use and are very knowledgeable but it could be so many things.  Environment or even something you ate.  

I would just do as you have posted and what others suggest.  If within a couple weeks, nothing changes, then I'd see your derm and see what they say.  Good luck! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@mizree   I am using Aveeno Calm & Restore (in a serum type pump bottle). Seems to be helping. My aunt is so sharp...hope I'm half as "with it" at 95!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

Maybe a change in your washing routine?? A change in the type of cloth or different water? Did you do laundry and use a different kind of detergent while you were away?

@SilleeMee   Hi. My first thought, but neither DC or Charlotte away long enough to do laundry...Hotels may use something my face isn't used to like bleaching sheets and the main culprit would be pillowcases. usually travel with my silk one, but forgot to bring it along.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11   The BB Foundation Sticks were reforulated ahile ago and I've opened my newer ones and have been using those with no efects on my face. Thanks for the reply.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Shanus @Scientifically speaking, it would be best if you do not use anything on your face, including the SPF. Stay out of the sun. Do not use any makeup or makeup removers. Use water and a clean wash cloth that was washed in a detergent for sensitive skin. When you pass the two week or three week mark, add in only one product at a time. If you want to, start with the SPF for three days and observe. 

One of the products most often cited as a cause for your reaction are makeup removal wipes. Skip them until you've tried most of your daily products. Good luck. 

I noticed that the most popular makeup remover wipes caused irritation and a burning sensation for me. This discomfort was a temporary thing for me. An online check found many others that had the same reaction. Some posters mentioned redness from the product.

@Mindy D   You're correct w/ all suggestions. Brushes washed weekly, don't use makeup wipes.....no spf for awhile and keep face clean with splash of cool water. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Shanus   You are our resident expect in skin care so you might want to think outside the box. If it was skin care, you would be on it.   Perhaps diet, stress, lack of sleep....those can cause pesky skin conditions.  Wishing you a complete recovery soon🌹

@phoenixbrd   You may be correct. I have been burning the candle at both ends the last few weeks w/ travel, packing up and unpacking. 

If you read DC thead, I returned w/ hundreds of new products to try out and maybe review, but lickily have not begun that long process yet. 

Thinking outside the box..great advice.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie  Pollen count in NC way up last week, but has never affected my skin...maybe just a bit of of runny eyes.

Honored Contributor

Thank you to all my beauty sleuths. I'll keep you posted HERE when I find the culprit. 

Honored Contributor

@Growing   I've worked with clients who had rosacea. The pattern of redness and other symptons don't jive. 

Respected Contributor

When I moved from Nevada to Pennsylvania last month, I stayed in a hotel for a few days while waiting to close on my house. During that time, I developed a redness on both of my cheeks. (I didn't mind because then I didn't need blush Lol) I brought my products from NV with me, so those didn't change; it had to be the change in water. I kept using my same products when I moved into the house, and within a couple days the redness disappeared.

I usually use Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin. But with any moisturizer that at times I may use too much of, it results in a mild breakout. I moisturize every other day now (except daily around my eyes), and I use a small amount. After trying many cleansers, I've been using a baby wash for sensitive skin for the last couple years and have great results.