Honored Contributor

Re: COMPLEXION TROUBLE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus @Scientifically speaking, it would be best if you do not use anything on your face, including the SPF. Stay out of the sun. Do not use any makeup or makeup removers. Use water and a clean wash cloth that was washed in a detergent for sensitive skin. When you pass the two week or three week mark, add in only one product at a time. If you want to, start with the SPF for three days and observe. 

One of the products most often cited as a cause for your reaction are makeup removal wipes. Skip them until you've tried most of your daily products. Good luck. 

I noticed that the most popular makeup remover wipes caused irritation and a burning sensation for me. This discomfort was a temporary thing for me. An online check found many others that had the same reaction. Some posters mentioned redness from the product.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I've noticed the same thing when I use make-up wipes.  I now mostly use them as a daily wipe for my make-up brushes and only use them on those nights when I'm so wiped out that I don't have an ounce of energy for my full nighttime routine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Ouch!  I'm sorry.  I know that's a pain to deal with.  I haven't had anything that drastic sounding but if I do find my face is dealing with something, I remove everything and pull out the Aveeno Calm and Restore Serum and Moisturizer.  Next day all is well.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

My mother suffers from rosacea and nearly everything she eats is spicy/hot.  I would tell her your findings but at 84 and getting,uh, stubborn, she'll just keep on doing what she's doing.  

Honored Contributor

According to ALL the skincare gurus I watch, makeup remover wipes are a big no-no!  Chemicals that are bad for your skin.  I still use them occasionally but only to remove stubborn mascara from directly under my lower lashes after I've washed my face.  

Respected Contributor

sorry to hear of your problem @Shanus .  Derm always has me stop everything and purchase new when I have a problem.  I have long standing roseaca.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Do you have any seasonal allergies? In the spring when certain tree pollens are present, my skin doesn't do well.

All stuffed up, sneezing and finicky skin. Like we need one more thing! Good luck!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@gidgetgh 

My mother suffers from rosacea and nearly everything she eats is spicy/hot.  I would tell her your findings but at 84 and getting,uh, stubborn, she'll just keep on doing what she's doing.  

@monicakm - it irked me that I had to stop eating pepper Jack cheese some years back.

But then when it happened when eating fairly mild spicy mustard, I was beyond irked. I don't eat mayonnaise so I guess I eat dry sandwiches from now on.  

Salsa at the Mexican restaurant doesn't bother my face at all.  Of course, I don't go there every day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   You are our resident expect in skin care so you might want to think outside the box. If it was skin care, you would be on it.   Perhaps diet, stress, lack of sleep....those can cause pesky skin conditions.  Wishing you a complete recovery soon🌹

Respected Contributor

Re: COMPLEXION TROUBLE

[ Edited ]

This is a long shot, but I found that my face masks (and the ear elastics) were causing some cheek redness and bumps near my jaw. In particular one brand has scratchy  sides that irritate my cheeks. So while that might not be causing yours it might be worth switching brands and see if things improve if you think it might be.