Honored Contributor

Yes, me...the kind of resident "expert".

In the last week, I've noticed my cheeks looks irritated and pinkish. I'm going through anything new I've used recently and come up empty.

Next step, everything...skincare, spf and makeup are going in a big ziplock and I'm using all new products until I pin down the issue. I'll give my skin a 2 week rest with nothing but a new tube of spf. 

When the expiration dates appear only on the box, which I toss, some items may have spoiled without a smell, change in texture, etc.

I have brand spanking new replacements of everything I use...an expensive, but necessary experiment.

Will keep you posted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Valued Contributor

Re: COMPLEXION TROUBLE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus perhaps you were exposed  to something new while visiting your folks.  i have sensitive skin and Eucerin redness relief in face wash gel and night cream helps calm my skin.   enjoy your trip.  Happy Birthday to your Aunt!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus     I was going to say the same thing as @mizree ......could be the WATER you used during your recent travels.......    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

After having an MRI with contrast dye, I had permanent rosacea of the cheeks. I can't wear make up and have to have my skin care products organic and hand made on Etsy. It's beyond frustrating and nothing worked for me. Going to the dermatologist was fruitless, and their medication's made it worse. I hope you find the cause. Keep us posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Maybe a change in your washing routine?? A change in the type of cloth or different water? Did you do laundry and use a different kind of detergent while you were away?

Valued Contributor

I am not a doctor but I watch Dr Pimple Popper on TV and she frequently has patients with rosacea so this came to mind. Consider a visit to a good dermatologist. But you already know this and waiting two weeks to see what happens is a decent plan. There is an over the counter treatment for rosacea called Differin Gel, used to be prescription only. I have found it in drugstores and on Amazon. I have used it for these white lumps I get on my sun damaged skin. It helps sometimes.My dermatologist suggested I try it because freezing them doesn't seem to work. I used it years ago by prescription for rosacea. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Yes, me...the kind of resident "expert".

In the last week, I've noticed my cheeks looks irritated and pinkish. I'm going through anything new I've used recently and come up empty.

Next step, everything...skincare, spf and makeup are going in a big ziplock and I'm using all new products until I pin down the issue. I'll give my skin a 2 week rest with nothing but a new tube of spf. 

When the expiration dates appear only on the box, which I toss, some items may have spoiled without a smell, change in texture, etc.

I have brand spanking new replacements of everything I use...an expensive, but necessary experiment.

Will keep you posted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@Shanus , if I remember correctly you posted a few weeks back that your go to foundation from Bobbi Brown had been reformulated or different...the foundation stick. It causes breakouts and redness for myself, perhaps that is the culprit?

Honored Contributor

Actually yes.

For the last several years, I have had very mild rosacea. Never had it before and one day there it was. Only on the cheek area directly on either side of my nose.

Skin had been great for well over a year. Perfect skin.

I woke up one day a few months ago, looked in the mirror and yikes!  Really red patches and bumpy, out of nowhere.  

So, like you, I started thinking my way through what I was using.  What could have caused the problem.  And 2 days later I figured it out.  Spicy mustard.  I had been eating sandwiches for lunch and was using spicy mustard. Not the hottest stuff out there, just Publix house brand. And so I stopped using it and my face cleared up (took a few weeks) and my skin is perfect again.  

I should have known.  I can't eat pepper Jack cheese (a favorite) at all anymore but it starts the rosacea.  But I didn't give any thought to the mustard.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Agree with another poster about maybe something you ate?  Out of nowhere I became allergic to garlic years ago so it could be something you've been eating.  

Valued Contributor

I find that this happens to me if I haven't washed my makeup brushes in a while.  You might try using a sharpie to put expiration dates on your products.  I hope you find the item that is causing this.