Honored Contributor

A trio of coffee scrubs were presented yesterday during Give Gorgeous. Messy!!!!  Dark coffee grounds in shower?

Honored Contributor

I saw that too.  Yuck!

Honored Contributor

I always thought it wasn't good to put coffee grounds down a drain.  I never do.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

A trio of coffee scrubs were presented yesterday during Give Gorgeous. Messy!!!!  Dark coffee grounds in shower?

I have a hand-held attachment that makes it easy to rinse the entire shower and tub, so that's not really an issue. Besides, do you really feel better about the idea of a microbead, salt, or sugar scrub leaving bits all over your shower because you can't see them as easily? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I always thought it wasn't good to put coffee grounds down a drain.  I never do.

@SilleeMee   Same thoughts here. Mine go in the trash or in the garden.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Hmmm.... now that's a really good point. I don't put them in my sink, either. I have a TubShroom to keep hair out of my drain, but it wouldn't keep coffee out. No one wants a clogged drain. That's much more alarming than the color.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I have a hand-held attachment that makes it easy to rinse the entire shower and tub, so that's not really an issue. Besides, do you really feel better about the idea of a microbead, salt, or sugar scrub leaving bits all over your shower because you can't see them as easily? 

@Alison Wonderland   I get it. If I do use a scrub, I put a large coffee filter over the drain before rinsing off. It catches all the "yuck" to be folded up and tossed in trash.

Honored Contributor

Salt and sugar melt.  I would never use coffee grounds because of our septic system.  It might be just fine but I'm not taking any chances.  

Super Contributor

Didnt she say you have to leave it on for 5 minutes?

Sorry, have to pass, I'm not standing around in the shower for that long.

Super Contributor

I make alot of my own products....coffee scrub was first to be made and then rejected bc its very messy. Also you need to stand on a mat so you dont slip...I drybrush before the shower now