Esteemed Contributor

Re: CLOSEUPS ON NEW TV....OMG!!

[ Edited ]

One of the worst makeup jobs is what the IT girls do to poor Mary. I think that's her name. Ya know the one that's been 70 years young for the past 10 years. Okay maybe she's been 72 years old for the past 5 years, whatever, y'all must know who I mean. Talk about a caked on job. They age her something awful.

As for the hosts, Mary Beth & Jane T are sent out in front of the cameras with horrifically heavy makeup, especially the eyes. They must never record & play their own shows on HD tv's or they'd protest what's being done to them.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

One of the worst makeup jobs is what the IT girls do to poor Mary. I think that's her name. Ya know the one that's been 70 years young for the past 10 years. Okay maybe she's been 72 years old for the past 5 years, whatever, y'all must know who I mean. Talk about a caked on job. They age her something awful.

As for the hosts, Mary Beth & Jane T are sent out in front of the cameras with horrifically heavy makeup, especially the eyes. They must never record & play their own shows on HD tv's or they'd protest what's being done to them.

I believe the model you're thinking of is named Helen.  Mary is the older lady with the super dark black hair.  She models clothing, makeup and has been a "WEN girl" for many years.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I believe the model you're thinking of is named Helen.  Mary is the older lady with the super dark black hair.  She models clothing, makeup and has been a "WEN girl" for many years.

@JeanLouiseFinch 

YES thank you. You are right on the money, it's Helen.

Honored Contributor

I must say ,i have noticed this on my tv, i was thinking it might be  the fault of the tv.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Brace yourselves because I saw a tv commercial the other night for a 10k tv!!!  I could hardly believe my ears.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

They probably rationalize the majority of TV viewers

don’t have HD so compensate, compensate, compensate. 

This is reminds me of the old Glamour Shots in the mall.

My sister left a photo shoot with so much makeup on,

her little boy didn’t recognize her!

Gad, we still giggle over that.

ETA:

There’s a current thread about gross fingers/fingernails on hosts.

I dunno...I would rather see OMG-makeup in HD than an

OMG-hangnail/callus in HD, y’know? 🙃

@sidsmom   IMHO, they’re both gross!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@Shanus @Take your glasses off..lol

@dex   Already turn off hearing aides 1/2 the time so have to listen to the chit chat...now not see it either? May as well turn tv off. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

@Shanus wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Shanus @Take your glasses off..lol

@dex   Already turn off hearing aides 1/2 the time so have to listen to the chit chat...now not see it either? May as well turn tv off.

@lol...I always say that everyone and everything looks great without my glasses.It would be even better if I could turn the sound off at times.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

We have a ultra 4k tv in both our bedroom and family room.  When we first got the new 4k, I was like whoa.  The hosts look okay for the most part but the make-up application on many of the models was just bad.  You could see every single pore and imperfection and the make-up looks caked on.  The only thing I notice on hosts is overdone highlighting or contouring.  I don't notice this on any of our local tv newscasters. They look perfect.     

I'm guessing some of this is over applied make-up on the models and quickly applied/non-blended as well.  They are slapping the stuff on and not really paying much attention to the application of it.  

I can't imagine most people at this point not having some kind of HD tv even if it's not the latest model.  But I think this is why some of us notice nails that look like they need to be done so badly.  When they do close-ups, you see everything in HD.      

@Lipstickdiva   The other day, Jane was hosting a makeup show. Her eye makeup was already too severe for someone her age and the vendor kept adding darker shadow/liner. I wanted to shout at the tv, “STOP”!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Is this the new 8K?  We purchased a big screen 4K a year ago and I think it's just fine...I don't care to see the clarity of every pore on faces bigger than life.  I don't know why the powers that be think this is a good idea!

@haddon9   When I go clothes or makeup shopping, I don’t hubby & I don’t get involved in his electronics. It’s “his thing”. I know nothing about defs, how many Ks, etc. I just know this tv (which seems like I’m sitting in a movie theatre), is like looking up peoples’ noses. Some things just don’t need to be seen that closely.