Honored Contributor

CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS: TOXINS IN MAKEUP

In the weekly email I get from topclassactions dot com, they are mentioning 4 makeup products with problems. 

You may want to check out the specifics for these products .....

• Almay Skin Perfecting Healthy Biome Makeup
  • Bare Minerals BarePro Liquid Foundation
  • Burt’s Bees Lip Shine
  • Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Liquid Lipstick
Respected Contributor

Re: CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS: TOXINS IN MAKEUP

@Tinkrbl44  Thankfully I do not use any of these products that you have listed. 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

In the weekly email I get from topclassactions dot com, they are mentioning 4 makeup products with problems. 

You may want to check out the specifics for these products .....

• Almay Skin Perfecting Healthy Biome Makeup
  • Bare Minerals BarePro Liquid Foundation
  • Burt’s Bees Lip Shine
  • Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Liquid Lipstick

Honored Contributor

@Leeny 

I don't either, but what surprised me was that anything of Burt's Bees was on the list .... aren't they supposed to be one of the more pure cosmetics out there?  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use any of these products but I am surprised about Burt's Bees.  I guess it is the name that makes it appear to be "clean" products.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

odd list....are they targeting brands that are considered more natural than most.  What is the objectionable ingredient?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Leeny 

I don't either, but what surprised me was that anything of Burt's Bees was on the list .... aren't they supposed to be one of the more pure cosmetics out there?  

Well, they are made by the Clorox company. I love how they call it 'the clorox family brands' like it's something to be proud of to put on your face. Big animal testers. I hate them alot.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just what are the "problems"?  I thought Bare Minerals was a "clean" product?  What about all the gross chemicals we ingest everyday in our food?????  Should be more worrisome than makeup products IMO.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Yes, that surprises me too about Burt's Bees. It makes you wonder about a lot of cosmetics to be truthful. 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Leeny 

Super Contributor

Isn't Bare Minerals...suppose to be a clean makeup...?

Honored Contributor

Due to curiousity, I am including a small blurb about the subject of this thread. (see below)

If you want to investigate more, you can do so at topclassactions dot com.

Did you purchase makeup containing dangerous toxins?

A recent study has found that more than half of the cosmetics sold in the United States and Canada contain dangerous toxins, researchers at the University of Notre Dame have determined. 

The toxic make-up study contains chemicals known as PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances), which are also referred to as “forever chemicals” because they don’t break down in normal environmental conditions and may build up over time. 

PFAS chemicals have been linked to serious side effects including cancer, low birth weight, thyroid disease, liver damage, ulcerative colitis, immune dysfunction, and developmental toxicity.