Honored Contributor

Re: CLARISONIC GOES OUT OF BUSINESS & LEAVES BAD VIBES WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS!!

@ahoymate wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Once the identical technology flooded the market in knockoffs, Clarisonic was on borrowed time. They kept adding more and more fancy options to their brushes to justify the prices, but it didn't work. Sad.

Yes, a probable cause for sure. But then I think about the sonicare toothbrush and all the expensive brush heads I buy. They've managed to hold on.

I have a knockoff sonic toothbrush. Granted it is broken right now and I need to get another one. Guess that serves me right for participating in the destruction of Sonicare too. Woman Surprised Would you say you find the Sonicare a good value? Care to share a testimonial? I'm obviously in the market. lol

I love my sonicare toothbrush. Have had it for @ least 14 years. No problems with it. Have the one with the sanitizer. Love!

Brush heads aren't inexpensive but sonicare will price match what you find online. That is if it's a legitmate company selling them; Amazon,Target, Walgreens etc.

14 years? Okay I'm interested. I will check out Sonicare this time. Tired of brushing my teeth old school style with my admittedly cheap broken sonic brush.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

14 years? Okay I'm interested. I will check out Sonicare this time. Tired of brushing my teeth old school style with my admittedly cheap broken sonic brush.

if you are a Costco member they are on coupon this cycle along with a pack of brush heads

great deal 

Honored Contributor

Oral B rechargeable toothbrush is equally good and you can buy their heads or similar ones at CVS (their brand fits the Oral B base).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I noticed that one of the vendor reps for Clarisonic is now working for Philosophy.  She was on over the weekend.  Can't remember her name.  

Honored Contributor

Was this a bankruptcy or just a quiet shut-down?  Someone made a bundle on these things.  

Honored Contributor

My Take is that many women are now using anti-aging products like acids , peels and Retin A. That left no further exfoliation from the Clarisonic & it stayed on the shelf or in its charger.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

A lot of online ordering sites aren't tapped into their supply numbers.  They just take the order and then when they determine the supply isn't there you get a notice.  Actually, some don't even do that.  I received a partial order recently and they never bothered to E-mail me or contact me to tell me one of the items (the one I really wanted) was out of stock.

It just happened to me with Blair catalog.  I ordered 2 pair of shorts with tee shirts to go with them.  The order went through and an hour later I get a confirmation email that the shorts were sold out, the shirts were in process.  I didn't want the shirts without the shorts.  I was told by CS that they couldn't guarantee the shirts would be cancelled.  They were cancelled.  I'll never order from them again.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

My Take is that many women are now using anti-aging products like acids , peels and Retin A. That left no further exfoliation from the Clarisonic & it stayed on the shelf or in its charger.

I have had my Clarisonic for years.  I still use it everyday. so do everyone I gifted it to over the years.

I also use Retin A and peels but the Clarisonic is the thing that really unclogs my pores.  Lotions & serums etc. did NOT solve it.

I ordered brushes from their web site immediately and supposedly my brush heads were shipped.  We shall see.

Walmart sells a 4 pack which my friend said fits and works fine.  Ebay sellers are price gouging as usual.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Was this a bankruptcy or just a quiet shut-down?  Someone made a bundle on these things.  

@depglass , L'Oreal bought the company at some point. I do not know when. They decided that they don't want to keep this brand going. The email that many of us received did not give much explanation. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Per the brand, they are shutting down so that their parent, L’Oreal, can “focus [their] attention on other core business offerings.