Super Contributor

Re: CLARISONIC GOES OUT OF BUSINESS & LEAVES BAD VIBES WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS!!

I don't about any one else, but using the Clarisonic for even the short time I did, ruined my skin. It was way too aggressive and broke the capallaries on my cheeks and around my nose. I had to go through 3 session of IPL to get them removed, or close to removed. Good riddance

Occasional Contributor

I wonder what all these acids peels and chemicals do to your skin over time.  Skin cancer runs in my family and I don't want to do these types of things unless I have to...Clarisonic was great - I will try other types of brushes or mechanical cleaners but I will miss Clarisonic when I can't get any brush heads or it stops working.  I am very upset about this.  I would think an product engineer could solve this and buy it from L'Oreal and save the brand.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the eye massager head (it's purple with 2 silver balls on the top of the head) for my Clarisonic at London Drugs as the stores here have or had all of the brush heads on half off. I also ended up getting my daughter one as we both have Mia Clarisonics. 

The regular massager head (the white one that looks like a tricorn made of silicone rubber) is a dud and a waste of money.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd also want to say that Clarisonic and their parent company L'Oreal basically priced themselves out of the market. I'm sure that the pandemic only added to their lost sales. I prefer asian skin care methods and they don't involve a lot of face scrubbing.

There's a lot cheaper face cleaning brushes on the market that can do as good a job too. I also found that I had to be careful with the Clarisonic and not to use it every day as it would irritate my skin if I did.

Honored Contributor

Just about an hour ago my daughter bought something similar from HSN.

I told her about your post.  She went right over to HSN and canceled her order of  that version they sell.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies:  I just went to Walmart's website and they still show Clarisonic Sensitive brush heads for $24.95 each.

I just placed an order for 2 of them because I LOVE my Clarisonic and am sooo disappointed that they are going out of business. 

I hope a good quality replacement comes along before my Mia quits working.

Trusted Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

I don't about any one else, but using the Clarisonic for even the short time I did, ruined my skin. It was way too aggressive and broke the capallaries on my cheeks and around my nose. I had to go through 3 session of IPL to get them removed, or close to removed. Good riddance

@curlygirl13  How awful for you! 

I have extremely sensitive skin, and when I first saw the presentations on QVC I didn't think it was something I could use as I feared it would damage my skin.  But when they said you could use your regular cleanser with it, and not a harsh exfoliator product, I decided to try it.  I am so glad I did because it really works for me.  Makes my skin very smooth.

I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experience with the Clarisonic.

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@curlygirl13 wrote:

@curlygirl13  How awful for you! 

I have extremely sensitive skin, and when I first saw the presentations on QVC I didn't think it was something I could use as I feared it would damage my skin.  But when they said you could use your regular cleanser with it, and not a harsh exfoliator product, I decided to try it.  I am so glad I did because it really works for me.  Makes my skin very smooth.

I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experience with the Clarisonic.

@DottieBlue , I was the same way. I was very hesistant in the beginning to use one especially since I use Retin A. Well I have been using a Clarisonic for well over 12 years and have had no problem. They also used to carry different brushes for special issue. Just so sad that they are gone. Besides I also use their Firming Massage Head which I think has made a difference in the tightness of my skin. So once that needs to be replaced I will be sunk. Not sure if I want to invest in NuFace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue wrote:

Ladies:  I just went to Walmart's website and they still show Clarisonic Sensitive brush heads for $24.95 each.

I just placed an order for 2 of them because I LOVE my Clarisonic and am sooo disappointed that they are going out of business. 

I hope a good quality replacement comes along before my Mia quits working.

@DottieBlue 

I hope a good quality replacement ccomes along also.

I had tried 3 diff lesser $ and all were junk.

I do NOT think they are all created equal and that cheaper ones are just as good.

Not in my experience.  There was absolutely NO comparison with the 3 others I tried.  I am speaking of the quality of the unit as I have not yet tried generic brushes.

I have had the same Mia2 for so many years I can't remember.  I did purchase a second then so i could have one it the up bath and down bath.

Trusted Contributor

if anyone is still looking for Clarisonic items - they may have restocked.