Valued Contributor

Is anyone ordering this? Anyone have experience with Chi? I have never used a flat iron and wanted to give this a try - especially if it will smooth my hair and make it shine.

I cannot find any threads on this which seems odd.

So what do you think? Would appreciate hearing. TIA

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess  My DD and I have Chi's from a TTV offered right around this time a couple of years ago.  They're still going strong.  If I needed a flat iron, I'd get this one.  Great price.  Look at it this way - you have until the end of January to return it so that gives you a nice, long trial period to test it out.  

Frequent Contributor

I have  Chi which I ordered from QVC several years ago.  It works very well.  Several flat irons have come and gone for me.  But this one works so well.  I have thick hair; therefore when I use the flat iron I curl or straighten and then I use brush rollers to make certain I do not skip any areas.  The process is so easy..just like the demonstration.  I hope you will enjoy your purchase.

Respected Contributor

I have one like this from Chi.  I love it, or shall I say them.  I have the full size and the mini that isn't one of those rinky dink ones.  The mini one is a full 1 inch plate and perfect for travel.  My large one is a purple zebra print and the small one is solid purple.  They are both the titanium plates that just glide like silk.  I got my hair cut yesterday at the salon and she used her flat iron.  I could feel it pulling where as with my Chi it is like glass.  Her was 1.5" wide, but it was a regular ceramic plate.  I won't go back from titanium now that I know how much better they are.  I didn't get this kind of great price on it, but I did get two irons like the Ikat duo the Q has.

Super Contributor
I have a travel size from at least 3 or 4 years ago and I use it just about everday and its still going strong. I did order this one today I couldn't pass it up and its full size. Mine only has an on off switch. I love the chi. It makes my hair smooth and shiny and I also curl my hair with it and my hair is as long as the blonde model. I can't wait to get it. I got the solid purple. What color did you choose?
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate it. The boards seem almost dead since they made all the changes. Before the changes, it seemed so much easier and less time consuming to locate things. Perhaps I just overlooked it but I could not find a single thread about this TSV.

I did go ahead and order, and Shiloh - I got the moroccan red! Hope it works for my fine hair.

Respected Contributor

OH it will work wonderfully for your fine hair.  I have super fine, super thick hair.  With baby fine hair, it has great temperatures to adjust to be gentle on your hair.  I broke out my travel one and used it on my new cut to curl, which means making a quarter turn with the handle and then pull straight up.  The slower you do it, the more the curl.  I did barrell curls and pinned them to cool.  It looked great, so I'll save it for a special event since it too about 30 minutes to do my long pixie with my thick hair and pin it.  

You will love it!

Honored Contributor

I accidentally caught a glimpse of it & had to watch.

I use a curling brush, never a flat iron. Mine is very, very old. I am especially interested in this one for the heat adjustability feature. But, sadly, it is way too expensive. Like most everything on The Q.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I use a curling brush, never a flat iron. Mine is very, very old. I am especially interested in this one for the heat adjustability feature. But, sadly, it is way too expensive. Like most everything on The Q.

Sorry, wrong product - it was the Calista tool with 2 heads that I saw & was interested in. 

Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Sorry, wrong product - it was the Calista tool with 2 heads that I saw & was interested in. 

Wildo, I would recommend that you try Ulta.  I purchased the hot air brush from Ulta (different brand - Revlon with a 1" and 1.5" brush head)) and absolutely love it,  it was $20.  I can't see spending more than that on that hot air brush.  It is a simple design and for $20 you can get an idea of how much you will like it and use it.  I don't use it as often as I thought I would....glad I didn't spend $100...

I also purchased a Chi Ultra flat iron for $50 from Ulta.  It has ceramic plates, not titanium, but heats up in 20-30 seconds and works amazingly well.  Much better than my old cheap Conair flat iron and heats up so much faster.  They are only on sale until tomorrow though, and after that back up to $89 (maybe less if they are trying to clear them out).