Trusted Contributor

Re: CHANGING MAKEUP /SKINCARE ROUTINE IN THIS HEAT?

Definitlely lightening things up here with the humidity!  During the day, since I'm working from home, my daytime routine is wash with Purity followed by Hope in a Jar with SPF.  Then it's just concealer, powder foundation and mascara.  I'm using L'Oreal infallible powder foundation and keep it pretty light during the day.  I'll make myself up a little more if I have video meetings.

Respected Contributor

I am the odd duckling here but no changes for me.  I wear SPF 50 all yr long no matter what is going on outside as I have rosacea so it is a habit and a must do.  If I am not going out that day shopping or whatever I still put it on always and I use the same one all yr long.  

As for foundation the same Revlon ColorStay...holds up perfectly no matter the heat or humidity...tried and true for me.  

Mascara....always put this on no matter what! LOL

Some eyeliner only on super hot humid days and of course lipstick or gloss...whatever I feel like.

A dusting of bronzer as I as pale as a ghost....done.

Only change is I don't do eyeshadow much in this kind of heat but even during the yr I only put it on a few times per week.

I can't layer all the skincare products you gals use under my foundation or I would be a oily mess in seconds even sitting in the AC Woman LOL

I do my skincare at bedtime but that's how it is all yr long for me.

Esteemed Contributor

When it's 110 and 140 plus in the car until the ac cools it down, it's moisturizer, a bit of blush and not much else.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   First Aid Beauty.  Their original cream is very soothing.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

What does FAB mean? 

@teganslaw   First Aid Beauty.   Love their original cream.  Very soothing and absorbs immediately.

Honored Contributor

I use what I use 365 days a year. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I use less makeup in the warmer months too.  Mind you, I'm not a "lot of makeup" person to begin with.  When it's warm it's even less.  Cleanse, hydrate, lippie and eyeliner.  No foundation.  None, nada, nope.  Too hot for all that.  When it's real warm I repeat the cleanse, hydrate routine more than one time a day (as needed) from sweating off moisturizer sometimes.  As it gets cooler my foundation comes back into play.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

It's getting humid -- which I hate -- and my hair definitely hates --- yikes!  I don't alter my skin care much and as far as makeup - no, not right now because I'm currently not using makeup very often.  The only real thing I am noticing is that my skin, which has been very dry as of late, is finally getting some moisture to it -- the combination of the heat and humidity, I guess!  I just find that I am rinsing my face a lot with cool water to keep it happier and cooler and then just patting it dry.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I think @wagirl is taunting us (g)  That sounds incredibly refreshing.  It feels like 93 this morning.  High today is "only" 94.  104 next Friday Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I used to never change my makeup routine in the scorching humid Texas summers.  Now it depends where I'm going and how I'm dressed.  Yesterday we were in the city ALL day.  I put on a full face of makeup and my no budge, beautiful no matter what Nars foundation.  I get out all my makeup, skincare, clothes and accessories the night before when I have an early morning.

20220614_064621.jpg