Honored Contributor

CHANGING MAKEUP /SKINCARE ROUTINE IN THIS HEAT?

[ Edited ]

I went through my skincare and makeup yesterday. I keep my "grab and go" makeup/brushes separately in a basket on top of my vvanity...other makeup stays in the drawers. 

I switched out my heavier moisturizers and now use just my SPF which has a moisturizer in it. I still use my eye cream morning and night routine and my Vit. C serum in the morning, but don't need other serums. Night routine is double cleanse and I added a toner to be sure the yuck of the day is off. Retin A (my skin is oily enough now to handle it) every night...adding my OBAGI on alternate nights. I can also use my acid pads every morning now to keep my skin bright and exfoliated.

Makeup:  I apply BB Vitamin Enriched Face Base which is a very light moisturizer (really lightweight) and it has primer properties. I'm just using concealer on any areas with redness...no foundation that would melt off. I dyed my brows yesterday, so powder/pencil not needed and my lids have a primer or a skintone longwear shadow stick with a neutral tone that covers any darkness or veins and can stand alone as shadow. I tightline with a navy pencil. After a bit of LM Translucent Powder with a small brush under the eyes and around the T Zone, I spray with my MAC Fix+ in Lavendar. Then lastly, one coat of mascara.

It'll be 104 today and the humidity is awful. Summer in NC...never enjoyed it, but have learned to adjust so my makeup doesn't melt or look greasy.

Have you made any changes to your routine?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHANGING MAKEUP /SKINCARE ROUTINE IN THIS HEAT?

The only change I'll make today will be no eyeshadow. I use light moisturizers throughout the year, and will still apply those, along with my Aveeno serum. Maybe my primer.

High of 98 today and tomorrow, 90 Thursday, then will settle back into the 80's. Humidity will drop Thursday. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   Your timing is PERFECT!    I just changed.  I noticed I got several small millia on my face,  which I never get at all.  I realized that it may be from my cold weather skin care routine which is definitely not light handed.  I switched to FAB with a good eye cream, and feel better already.   My millia looks like it may be going down/away.   I'll use the same neck cream, but it's FAB for me on my face.

Make up is the same.  Maybe a slightly sheerer lip.... 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1   FAB?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When it's 116 out, it's not hard, just sunscreen and call it quits! Unless I have to be somewhere and be presentable!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I realized yesterday that wearing liquid foundation or powder when it is hot is not for me lol.  I sweat on my face.  I use moisturizer and that is it.  For lipstick I use long wearing by Loroeal.

Esteemed Contributor

What does FAB mean? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

No not changing a thing due to weather or time of year. We are still way below normal regarding the temps--48* outside right now with a high of maybe.....63. Got snow in the mountains last night-----am in WA state. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   63? Snow? Sounds like a dream....

Esteemed Contributor

Is FAB First Aid Beauty?

We've been lucking out so far with only 1 or 2 days of 90 degrees. In any event, I do not change anything too much. I'm already down to a few makeup things. For skincare, if anything, I might use a smidge less moisturizer, but that's about it.