Honored Contributor

Re: CHANGE MAKEUP TO FALL COLORS?

@Shanus 

Yes, I will make some changes.  Don't know what yet but here is a MAC fall e/s palette I bought a couple of years ago that I'll be pulling out.  Going to the city today but won't wear it today.  Despite what everyone on YT thinks, it's NOT Fall yet lol...especially here in Texas.  Sept 22  Starbuck's Pumpkin lattes should hold off till then Smiley Wink

Notice the pinks in this Fall palette.

MAC Feast Your Eyes Tempting Fate Eyeshadow Palette | Fall 2021

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Is it strange to you to see so much pink for winter?

Respected Contributor

I barely wear any mu, so everything pretty much stays the same.

Most days it's brows and cover dark circles.  Maybe some blush to make me look alive.

If there's a special occasion, I would do more.

Honored Contributor

Changing makeup colors based on the season is just too gimicky.   

My makeup is ALWAYS based on my skin tones and what looks best on me.  The season rarely, if ever, matters.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - I change my makeup with the seasons too! I actually have "seasonal" makeup, which I know would seem weird to most. I only use it during its season. (I have a bright green shadow I wear only at the holidays just for fun!) 

I've adapted my eye makeup since I've been following your advice, so I'll have to play around with my fall colors - light gold, khaki, wine, copper, etc. for my hazel eyes. 

On my cheeks I go from lighter peaches and corals to my favorite peach berry. I darken my lips (my favorite color, Bite's Vin) was discontinued. I like Apple Cider by Lipsense.

I've never been able to handle bronzer, even in summer. I do have Antigua. I've had it for a while and keep it just in case. I did wear it on vacation in the past some.  

My foundation doesn't change. It varies from tinted moisturizer or serum to a medium coverage twice a week when I need to look really good. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Antiqua is my favorite. Although it looks like a blush, Bobbi intended it for those with more fair/light skin. Today, it'd be a "blonzer"....I can use it for both.

Honored Contributor

No season makeup changes for me.

Trusted Contributor

I change up my lip colors. During spring/summer I wear pinky coral shades and during fall/winter I gravitate towards pinky reds, bronzier shimmers and plums. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I don't make any.  I change my lipstick color often and I have a few  blushes in pink and pink/coral to choose from  so I may choose the pink coral instead of the lighter pink.  My foundation is a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer and I have not worn eye shadow during the day although sometimes I experiment.  I do wear eye shadow pen under the bottom lash line.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Since I don't tan I wear the same makeup year round. My complexion stays the same. I like a very natural look. No unusual eyeshadows or eyeliners. Just makeup that is barely visible. Best described by someone I once met years ago. He said you should see the woman not the makeup. I took that advice to heart and avoid sparkly and the "color of the month" makeup.