Esteemed Contributor

CAN WE TALK UNDER EYE CONCEALERS?

From the very first day the IT Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer was shown on QVC I have been using it.  There was a short period when I tried the Cover Girl Concealer and found it to be just as good, if not better than IT.  Actually I mentioned it here on the boards but it has been long gone due to the changes that were made and we lost all of out posts.

So, my question to you ladies is, do any of you use Cover Girl Under Eye Concealer, and if so, do you love it?  I have looked at pictures of the product on line and to be honest, I wouldn't know which one to choose.  Back when I used it, it was in a round container in a cream form and we applied with our finger.  All of their products today look very different from the one I used back then so I'm not sure which way to go.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: CAN WE TALK UNDER EYE CONCEALERS?

I would love to talk concealers but I've never used the CG brand.  I use IT Bye Bye Undereye and like it.  I've tried Tarte Shape Tape but it magnified the lines around my eyes and wasn't as emollient.  I recently tried Maybelline Instant Age Rewind but picked up the wrong color so I haven't given it a good wear test.  I think I'm still going to prefer IT.

Esteemed Contributor

I used Cover Girl a couple years ago and moved on to Laura Geller, which did a better job for me as I got older, but still thought I could find better.

I recently got IT and so far it is my favorite. I like the way it conceals the few dark spaots I have too. I started using IT's foundation with it and so far I love how my face looks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used and do still sometimes use Bye Bye Illumination concealer. I think it's consistency is easier to apply and the slight sheen give a brightness under the eye. I tap it on under or over my NARS Brightening Concealer. 

***A little trick I use to prevent undereye creasing is before concealers, I mix a drop of face oil with my under eye moisturizer. Let it sink in before applying concealers. I put my eye cream about an 1" down under my eye and all the way to hair line to moisturize crows feet area. I know that's further down than most apply it, but when you smile, many wrinkles begin above that cheek line. I prefer prevention instead of cures. Any extra eye cream (w/ oil) left on my brush or ring finger, gets tapped above top lip. 

Esteemed Contributor

A344929 Laura Geller Spackle Concealer

This product has been amazing.  I purchase it from Laura's site on sale.  Use a Beauty Blender sponge and dab, dab, dab. Super natural looking and has not creased.  A brush and finger will not work that is the case with most makeup. Super quick and clean also use it as a contour for middle of nose, upper and lower lips and lines.

Respected Contributor

My favorites are Maybelline Instant Rewind Concealer and Becca Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector.

Valued Contributor

IT Bye Bye Undereye is on sale for $16 at Ulta and shipping is free til this afternoon today.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

My favorites are Maybelline Instant Rewind Concealer and Becca Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector.

Mine, too! I use mostly the Maybelline and sometimes the Becca. Both are fantastic products. That Maybelline concealer is top-rated wherever it's sold, it's super affordable and so easy to find. My favorite!

Respected Contributor

I use one by Rimmel - it comes in a tube with a sponge applicator.  I love it!

Trusted Contributor

@nunu4u, yes, thanks to @QVCkitty1, who shared the free shipping info in another thread, I purchased the BBUC for the sale price of $16.20 (regular $27.00) and an Ulta Buffing Brush for $10.00! Great prices and bonus free shipping❤!