Honored Contributor

As much as we’d all love to see other (new) makeup/skincare lines, how could they make it against never ending shows of IT, Philosophy, Perricone and a few others. 

What happened to Eve Pearl? Sent over to Beauty IQ. Dr. Denese is rarely seen, same with PTR. Kristofer Buckle had a “walk on” yesterday as did Doll 10 and Nick Chavez. 

Too much competition for new brands and only from a few vendors.

Honored Contributor

Re: CAN ANOTHER LINE COMPEAT?

I think when people get tired of the old high end brands and they don't sell as well, new brands will come on board. I used Dr. Denese years ago and have tried all the other top brands and no doubt will tire of them and be looking for something new.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think when people get tired of the old high end brands and they don't sell as well, new brands will come on board. I used Dr. Denese years ago and have tried all the other top brands and no doubt will tire of them and be looking for something new.

@blackhole99  I’m anxiously awaiting all this boredom.

Honored Contributor

I prefer to buy my makeup in person either at Sephora or Lord and Taylor

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I remember when Tachta first hit QVC. She had a 5 minute (if it was longer, I would be shocked) and then they shuffled her off. Months later, it went to 1/2 an hour and they made that out to be a BIG deal. That went on for a long time. She had lots of pop-ins but it was once a month that she had 1/2 hour show. THEN she hit the big times: a full 1-hour show!!

Now I see her or her products on whenever I click through. She's not an in-house brand so it has to be about numbers first and customer demand (emails, phone calls, etc) second as to how often a vendor is on. 

I often wonder if having vendors on QVC2 and Beauty IQ (for beauty stuff) is because the product doesn't have the huge following as they do on QVC. I've read on MANY threads that though QVC is a channel everyone (99.9%) can get, the other 2 channels are not like that. As a vendor, I wouldn't be too thrilled about having my items not on the "main" channel but who knows.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I remember when Tachta first hit QVC. She had a 5 minute (if it was longer, I would be shocked) and then they shuffled her off. Months later, it went to 1/2 an hour and they made that out to be a BIG deal. That went on for a long time. She had lots of pop-ins but it was once a month that she had 1/2 hour show. THEN she hit the big times: a full 1-hour show!!

Now I see her or her products on whenever I click through. She's not an in-house brand so it has to be about numbers first and customer demand (emails, phone calls, etc) second as to how often a vendor is on. 

I often wonder if having vendors on QVC2 and Beauty IQ (for beauty stuff) is because the product doesn't have the huge following as they do on QVC. I've read on MANY threads that though QVC is a channel everyone (99.9%) can get, the other 2 channels are not like that. As a vendor, I wouldn't be too thrilled about having my items not on the "main" channel but who knows.

@SahmIam  My cable carrier doesn’t have Beauty IQ. Q2 has lately been repeats of the Q, but at different times.

Honored Contributor

The trend I see in Beauty is more expensive TSV's.  I get QVC on two channels (in fact all shopping channels x 2)  plus the two extra QVC channels.  Let's DirecTV justify that 50.00 a month price hike by saying we have more channels, I guess.  

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI'm one of those who would say no.  Unless what I'm already using stops working, I just don't want to go through finding a new line of skincare.  Right now I have Perricone on my AD maybe through 2019 -  what they don't sell, I don't need or want.

I don't watch other skincare -  and I no longer buy color at all except locally.  It's hard enough to find what I want when I can see the color right in front of me. Good thing there are still stores! 

Esteemed Contributor

Imho QVC saturates a few certain vendors,  Whenever I see IT, JM, I change the channel.  They not only have done this with beauty products, but with handbags, shoes and clothing items.

But, it's not only this shopping channel.  Seldom watch HGTV and the cooking channel; even cable news channels discuss same thing over ad over again.  

If they're gonna get my attention, I want new, definitely not the same old, same old.  Variety rules!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Imho QVC saturates a few certain vendors,  Whenever I see IT, JM, I change the channel.  They not only have done this with beauty products, but with handbags, shoes and clothing items.

But, it's not only this shopping channel.  Seldom watch HGTV and the cooking channel; even cable news channels discuss same thing over ad over again.  

If they're gonna get my attention, I want new, definitely not the same old, same old.  Variety rules!

@eddyandme  It does seem like all channels are endless infomercials. How many Diners & Dives can you watch?