Respected Contributor

Re: CAMPANELLI MAKE UP REMOVER TOWELS

I rub a cleansing oil all over my face, including my eyes, then wipe it off with a warm, wet Campanelli makeup remover towel. I follow this with the second step of my cleansing routine which is a foaming rinse-off cleanser that I just rinse off with my hands.

As far as the clothes themselves, I wash them with my other clothes in the little laundering bag that came with them and then air dry them.  I've been using them for a couple of years and they're still going strong.  I think they only shed a bit on their first washing but haven't done so since.

Honored Contributor

Is it just me but I can never figure out which side is for washing.....I wish they would have made each side different so I could easily tell one side from the other.  I rarely use mine.

Honored Contributor

These towels are something I thought I had to have, once upon a time, and then I never used them.  I have to use a cleanser too, can't do water alone, so it kind of defeats the intended purpose of the towel.  I also don't believe they exfoliate or can thoroughly clean pores with just water.

I prefer my Foreo Luna dupe and whatever cleansing product I'm using, depending on if it's AM or PM.  I keep a stack of inexpensive white washcloths from Costco in my bathroom for facial cleansing, mask removal, DermAppeal removal, etc.  When I get enough for a load, they get laundered with some OxyClean added to the wash water.  When they eventually wear out or get too dingy too get white again, I buy a new bundle and the old ones become rags for other random jobs around the house and garage.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs the side with the shorter nap is supposed to be for washing and the side with the longer nap supposedly exfoliates. It's a subtle difference and you have to look at it closely to tell which one is which.

What I did was leave the little cloth tag on the end, which (on mine) is attached to the short-nap side. That makes it easy for me to determine which side I'm using at a glance. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using the Wonder Cloth for years. They are the same concept except they are white and about $9 apiece. They do a fantastic job of taking off makeup. I do use a cleanser with them.

Not even mascara or foundation stains them. I wash them with my towels and put them in the drier. 

The Campanelli cloths look to be the same concept, so for that price I bought a set to split into gifts. The colors are pretty and I'll keep one for myself!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

These towels are something I thought I had to have, once upon a time, and then I never used them.  I have to use a cleanser too, can't do water alone, so it kind of defeats the intended purpose of the towel.  I also don't believe they exfoliate or can thoroughly clean pores with just water.

I prefer my Foreo Luna dupe and whatever cleansing product I'm using, depending on if it's AM or PM.  I keep a stack of inexpensive white washcloths from Costco in my bathroom for facial cleansing, mask removal, DermAppeal removal, etc.  When I get enough for a load, they get laundered with some OxyClean added to the wash water.  When they eventually wear out or get too dingy too get white again, I buy a new bundle and the old ones become rags for other random jobs around the house and garage.

@JeanLouiseFinch, I, too, use inexpensive white washcloths. I buy a set of 12 from Amazon that are quite nice. They are thin, which is my preference for this purpose, but not so thin that they fall apart.

I throw mine in the wash with everything else.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Mine take off makeup that any regular washcloth would take off but does not remove waterproof mascara which is why I bought them.  I like the white wash cloths from IKEA I think there are 10 for like $3.99 and they are just coarse enough to exfoliate my face.  They have little loops on the ends to hang them. 

Super Contributor

I think these towels are fabulous.They are soft, comforting to my face, takes off all my makeup, I use Purity with them They do not shed, if you wash them when you first get them as was stated when Megan was on, and mo makeup stains. Better then the Clarisonic, I hated using that, and I got a few broken capillaries from it.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse thanks!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs you're welcome!