Honored Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus    The day the first QVC employee walked through her door, was the day she struck gold.  She's just an ordinary hairdresser, and not a very good one from what I've seen, but she managed to make some connection. 

@Kachina624   I went to Calista Spa ONCE.  It is near QVC and very expensive.  I had gotten a gift certificate there for $200 and still had to pay more before I was done.  It is a hoity toity place.  I think the QVC hosts go there a lot.  I don't need that kind of expense or attention.

@suziebee1    Yes, my sister lives in that area and told me it was very expensive.  She doesn't go there either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

To me her finished styles look like helmets and outdated. 

@fairydogmother    lol.  I didn't know Amy had a hairstyle until she mentioned recently that Maria did her hair.  I thought both she and Shawn had do-it-yourself cuts and color jobs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I use Toppik or XFusion, same product, just different packaging and name, the auburn shade is perfect for me. Tried others, but this is my go to product.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you ladies. I drank the kool aid and ordered this, and then I read these comments. I didn't know there were so many alternatives to this product. So as I often do, I cancelled my order. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

I use Avon Root Touch Up.....soooooo easy, and it stays on. Not waterproof (I don't want that)....better than having to brush it on all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: CALISTA HAIR POWDER

[ Edited ]

I'd love to know who does Carolyn's hair.  She has the best hair style out of everyone.  She has great hair to begin with. Very thick.  But every time  I see her, it looks very professionally  done. 

Respected Contributor
@Songbird..Maria McCool does Carolyn’s hair. I have heard Carolyn say it several times.
Respected Contributor
@deja vu.. I totally agree w/ u about the outdated hairstyles. I thought I was the only one that thought that....Example- JB had the same outdated hairstyle for 25 yrs. it might if been ok in the 90’s, but not 25 yrs later!
Honored Contributor

I use Joan Rivers' powder for several years now.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: CALISTA HAIR POWDER

[ Edited ]

I'm late to this discussion but I did a search because I was thinking about ordering it.

Shawn even made a face last night as she was applying it like she knew it wasn't wowrking.  Her hair actually never looked so bad and what she applied WAS orange.  Her roots were too dark for the color.

I've used various hair fibers - actually powder - for years to cover thinning.  I've settled on one called BOLDIFY that I buy from Amazon.  It's the same as Toppik and some others but much much chepaer - $20 for a bottle.  They are all just powder though - no fibers that I could ever tell.

I agree - Maria M acts like she invented this and a lot of other products.