Honored Contributor

Pics seem misleading. In befores, hair is pinned back to show thinning or rooots and afters, hair is combed over the areas and teased, etc. Waterproof? Not mentioned.

Trusted Contributor

I use Clairol touch up powder for those sparse spots on my scalp. It's under $10.00 and works great. 

Honored Contributor

I've used Joan River's Great Hair Day...before in brunette and now in white/salt & pepper. Completely waterproof until shampoo out. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Pics seem misleading. In befores, hair is pinned back to show thinning or rooots and afters, hair is combed over the areas and teased, etc. Waterproof? Not mentioned.

I think it washes out each time you use it.  It's like the spray touch up color out there.  Just in a powder form.  Yes, hair is backcombed to look fuller.

Honored Contributor

She's definitely not an innovator. Most of her gadgets and/or products have been out by other companies way before hers.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    The day the first QVC employee walked through her door, was the day she struck gold.  She's just an ordinary hairdresser, and not a very good one from what I've seen, but she managed to make some connection. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Jill Bauer's husband brought her into QVC via his product representation company.   She's been his most valuable client. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus    The day the first QVC employee walked through her door, was the day she struck gold.  She's just an ordinary hairdresser, and not a very good one from what I've seen, but she managed to make some connection. 

@Kachina624   Maria McCool is represented by Jill Bauer's husband's company.  He has a company that specializes in TV sales representations.  He was the one that brought Calista to QVC all those years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I watched the midnight presentation and she did say it was not waterproof.  She indicated it was a bit water resistant as you shouldn't have trouble with it running down your face (yes, she said that) if you sweat.  Seems like there's another similar product that IS waterproof.  Is that the Joan Rivers one?  I have the Tru-hair and I don't think it is.  Either it or the spary-on one I found rubs off on my pillow.  

Personally, I was not wow'd by the presentation.  I think the brush method is a better method of application over the sponge.  Also, there were only 4 color choices, no auburn.  Maybe Shawn just wasn't good at applying it or she chose the wrong color because it was very obvious where she applied it on her hair, and despite what she said, it did look orange.

I try to avoid completely covering my part the way they did.  I think a little bit of skin showing is normal for a part.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    There you go... the connection. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment