Honored Contributor

CAJ hair tool -- I have it and love it (review)

I purchased this hair tool about three months ago and it is perfect for my hair.

I have fine, thin color-treated hair. Underneath the color, it is almost all gray, which means that it has a new, different texture than it had before it became gray.

Before, it was very straight. Now it had become VERY frizzy.

I read of someone here on the forum who uses this tool in a way that fit my hair and my lifestyle.

I rarely use products, so I just use this tool and get the best results on hair that has been towel-dried.  The "bending" of unruly hair into the style of cut works very well for me. I can do a little or a lot -- 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: CAJ hair tool -- I have it and love it (review)

[ Edited ]

@LTT1How does it differ from the InStyler or the Calista Perfector, I have tried both with limited success

thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

Have not tried the other two!
This one gets very hot and I only use it 3 seconds to get a loose curve and to avoid dsmage.
Also, I am careful where I set it when it is heated.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LTT1How does it differ from the InStyler or the Calista Perfector, I have tried both with limited success

thanks 

@I am still oxox - I have all three tools (!), and love all three of them. The one I use most is the Instyler. If I use that or the Perfector, I just air dry. I use the perfector to smooth the hair. For me, it sort of just slides through my hair and I feel like it doesn't grip the hair so much. Perfector goes to 390 degrees, but my Instyler goes to 420, I think. My coarse hair needs that heat. I do use a thermal styling spray before any heat product. Instyler I love the best, gives me a smooth curl. I have a chin length layered bob. The Caj is good; I use that when I want to dry my hair quickly. I love how I can her almost a soft spiky look with the Caj. It is light but it does get hot. I wish it had more than one speed. Hope this helps! 

Honored Contributor

I recently purchase Martino Cartier's rotating hot air styling brush with two interchangable barrels and diffuser.  It arrived a week ago, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  I'm looking forward to and keeping my fingers crossed for success.