Super Contributor

CA bans cosmetic sales tested on animals

Effective Jan. 1, it will be illegal for cosmetics companies to import or sell products inCalifornia that have been tested on animals. Former Gov. Jerry Brown signed the lawin late 2018. The law has some limitations: It applies only to products manufactured on or after Jan. 1, 2020.Dec 21, 2019

I think this will effect a lot of companies. I am sure it will raise prices and decrease availability of products. WOW! Stock up now.

Respected Contributor

Re: CA bans cosmetic sales tested on animals.

Stock up now? I think not. I don't need beauty products tested on animals. Thankful I live in California.

Respected Contributor

Re: CA bans cosmetic sales tested on animals.

WOW!

Good for CA, which is a statement I rarely utter.

I wish more states would do this.

Honored Contributor

Re: CA bans cosmetic sales tested on animals

Well done, Gov. Brown and California - it's beyond time for this barbaric and unnecessary practice to stop everywhere.

Do we really need to torture innocent animals to make ourselves look good?

Believe me, the cosmetic companies will find a way to cope.

Lead on, California!

Trusted Contributor

Well, I live in CA also and this is NOT okay.  Government stepping in to make decisions for individuals.  It is an individual's right to make their own decisions about what they use.   I Love animals and do not support testing on them.  However, will this extend now to medications?  Think about what this will lead to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So who speaks for the animals?

(ETA:  @kjae - You can move to a state that doesn't ban cosmetics tested on animals.  The animals have no choice about being shut in cages, unable to move naturally and having nasty things put in their eyes or on their skin to check for irritation or worse.  Disgusting practice.)

Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

Well, I live in CA also and this is NOT okay.  Government stepping in to make decisions for individuals.  It is an individual's right to make their own decisions about what they use.   I Love animals and do not support testing on them.  However, will this extend now to medications?  Think about what this will lead to.

Oh please.....what a silly argument.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

So the FDA & the USDA you have no use for?

Alrighty then......

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

this evidently does not apply to companies who dont directly test on animals, but the parent company does? is that correct?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@kjae wrote:

Oh please.....what a silly argument.

@KingstonsMom 

I agree with you - it is Good news for the Animals!

Sadly, I do not think animals will escape from medical testing in the near future.  But cosmetics are not essential to maintain human life, I sincerely hope we will stop testing those on the poor creatures.  After all Bunnies 🐰 do not wear mascara.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras