Respected Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Foundation Swatches

@mercyMe, I don't remember where I read it but someone said these shades run light.

Honored Contributor

Seeing swatches gives you a 50% more chance of hitting a correct match. Computers all run differently in color, so does the tv when they show colors or shades on models. Foundations are best matched where you’ll wear them, on your face....preferably in person.

Honored Contributor

How can anyone figure out what shade they are from a pic on tv?? There is no way I have any luck with that. I was told I was a warm shade===of what?  Have used the universal medium shade only to have it look yellow on me. A waste of time and $$. I don't wear make up much as I am home now but will go someplace for hands on advice, I think.

Honored Contributor

@wagirlwrote:

How can anyone figure out what shade they are from a pic on tv?? There is no way I have any luck with that. I was told I was a warm shade===of what?  Have used the universal medium shade only to have it look yellow on me. A waste of time and $$. I don't wear make up much as I am home now but will go someplace for hands on advice, I think.

@wagirl  When in doubt between warm or cool tones, find a foundation that has a neutral offering within fair, medium and deep. Bare Escentuals has started doing this with their liquids & powders.

Honored Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

I wanted to try a new foundation and IT CC appears to have coverage ... I read where one should choose "one shade darker" ... is this true?  TIA

I am pretty much a light in everything including the IT CC cream.  I made the mistake of listening to all the people that said Doll 10 Hydragel ran light and got the medium.  HUGE mistake.  Never again.  I suppose if you are on the edge of the next darker color you could go darker.  

Honored Contributor

thanks shanus--good advice! I do like BE products and have many. 

Regular Contributor

@susandee  Thank you so much for sharing the swatch pics -- you saved me money!!!  LOL.  I was considering possibly trying this foundation; however, on my monitor the fair/light swatch appears warm and would turn orange on me in an instant.