Honored Contributor

I am no longer a blonde!

In the Spring I decided to stop lightening my hair - and just let it go gray.  

I've been snipping some blonde ends off every so often since then.  I was figuring it would take until September to grow out.

After I washed my hair this morning, decided today was the day that was going to be the final "cut."   At at 11:45 am, I called a salon a friend recommended - they had an opening at 12:30 pm ... and my blonde hair is all gone and I'm sporting a pixie haircut ... looks great ... just a bit shorter than I normally wear my hair.

There clientel is mainly older women (almost all my "well groomed" friends go there) ... and it's only two blocks from my apartment.  Great prices.  

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I used to get my hair highlighted. For the past few years I have let it go natural which is medium brown!  Took a long time to get used to but better for my hair. My hair was getting fried from the highlighting!

Honored Contributor

When I first saw this headline I thought it was about a new It Cosmetics product. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@ALRATIBA   I used to get my hair highlighted. For the past few years I have let it go natural which is medium brown!  Took a long time to get used to but better for my hair. My hair was getting fried from the highlighting!

@FlowerBear 

My natural hair is light brown  but when  started getting gray - I first had highlighted and then full head champagne blonde .... more than 25 years ago!  (I thought my hair was medium brown, but have been advised that it's actually light brown!),

In 2012 I tried to go "au naturale" - but my hair was still "too brown" and after a few months, I went back to blonde.

What I do like about the "new do" ... I have a really nice white streak across the front of my hairline.  The rest of my hair is still mostly brown.  So - what I can see from the front - not all that much difference.  And ... with the modified pixie cut - the white streak looks rather "jazzy."

My friends are going to be really surprised when they see me on Wednesday ... can't wait to see their reaction!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Sounds pretty! Two thumbs up for au natural when it comes to hair. Most can spot a dye or bleach job in a heartbeat. Have fun with your new pixie cut. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

congrats to you !!!  

i also have a short grey pixie and i love it! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    I made that same  choice in 2013.  Became a silver fox.... Never looked back .

Frequent Contributor

Re: Bye-Bye Blonde!

[ Edited ]

ALRATIBA  your cut sounds so nice! I would love it if I looked good in short hair.

At age 60 I have never colored my hair, yet. I do sometimes use a hair powder to cover some of the scalp area where hair is thin Woman Frustrated  Some friends have been covering gray in their hair for years. Im lucky to only have a few gray hairs so far!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

My stylist lightened up my hair color last year and then added blonde highlights.  I liked it at first but now I have decided it doesn't suit me.  My hair is naturally very light brown, baby fine, and a little natural wave.  I am sorely tempted to let it grow out and go naturally white but I'm afraid my scalp would show through since my hair is so baby fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t colored my hair in years. I am happy with the color it is, a nice salt and pepper. Enjoy your new style!