Honored Contributor

Re: But...But...If I Cut My Hair...

@Harpa,   Hi.  You have a couple of choices.  First, don't get an extreme pixie cut.  Have it cut short but not really, really short with longer layers on top.  You can also get a short bob to right under the ears and have the stylist give you some layers (a layered bob).  If you search short hair cuts, there are tons of different styles you can print out too.  Cat Wink  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Ugg I would never wear my hair long. I've had a pixie just about my whole adult life and love it! I always get compliments on it. Short hair rules!! Woman Happy

Sometimes I wonder if women don't say : Gee, I'm at that certain age and I should get a pixie"?

I work with a number of women from 30 to 65+. Not one has a pixie. Not a single woman.

Respected Contributor

I've worn my hair short almost all my adult life except for a temporary lapse of sanity about four years ago.  I let it grow to my shoulders and finally had it cut short again.  I don't have a pixie but it is very short.  My hair is fine, naturally wavy, and has a mind of it's own.  Sometimes I let it air dry if I am in a curly mood.  Other times I'll blow it dry for waves and volume.  I just hate long hair and messing with it.  By the way, my hair never did bounce. 

Esteemed Contributor

I let my earrings do the "bounce".  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Ugg I would never wear my hair long. I've had a pixie just about my whole adult life and love it! I always get compliments on it. Short hair rules!! Woman Happy

Sometimes I wonder if women don't say : Gee, I'm at that certain age and I should get a pixie"?

I work with a number of women from 30 to 65+. Not one has a pixie. Not a single woman.

@Snowpuppy

I had my first pixie when  was in my early 20s.  And then .... on and off for the next 50+ years.   It's just a "hair thing."   

Esteemed Contributor

Are you going to get your hair cut?  Big step....

My pixie-ish hair is longer on the top and has some "bounce" and "personality."  What I remember about bounce when my hair was long is that it was always bouncing into my eyes, bouncing in my face, and just a bouncing nuisance.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt