Honored Contributor

Re: Burt's Bees colored lip balms as blush

I have not tried the lip balms but I have used lipstick in a pinch.  Thanks for sharing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

For years I've used a pinkish-brown Revlon lipstick as a cream blush ... not only is the color saturation right, but the size of the stick makes it easy to apply the blush exactly where I want it.   Not to mention, the price is right.

Respected Contributor

Kabella, "black, green, blue" lipstick refers to this Givenchy hippie that is a little different on everybody because it interacts with your chemistry-but it's nothing like that horrid "Mood Matching" lipstick.

The Givenchy Black has this gorgeous color that is very similar to Clinique Black Honey.

I didn't know that Givenchy has blue and green-I have to look into these! My guess is that they might probably develop into beautiful, wearable colors.  I don't like touching up makeup in public, but I have a good time whipping out that black: people's eyes get as big as saucers! No doubt they probably think I'm going "Goth"!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, iin my younger days, I adored Revlon "Wine with Everything". I tried it as a blush and it was gorgeous but I broke out.  Now that I am past acne, I would love to try it again.  Do you by any chance know if they still make it?

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44, iin my younger days, I adored Revlon "Wine with Everything". I tried it as a blush and it was gorgeous but I broke out.  Now that I am past acne, I would love to try it again.  Do you by any chance know if they still make it?

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Sorry, not sure.  It's a classic, so I am guessing it would be one of the last to discontinue ... or try Ebay.  

My fave lipstick is Revlon #637 Blushing Nude ... it makes a great blush color and goes with pretty much every lipstick color you'd normally wear.  I never wear it as a lipstick, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I got the recent Josie Maran TSV with the peach body butter that included a lipstick.  I didn't need another lipstick but have used it as a blush.  It is a pretty peachy-nude color that works quite well.  Think it may be the first time I've used a lipstick as a blush but may do it again as I am set up to receive this TSV on auto delivery so will be getting more lipsticks.