Respected Contributor

Burt's Bees colored lip balms as blush

I read about this in one of my "lady" magazines and decided to try it.  For five bucks, why not? 

I love the lip balm on lips: it's a beautiful saturation of color that is not thick like a lipstick.  It's moisturizing for sure-I would describe it as "You, only better".

On cheeks, it is gorgeous: I just bought one tube, but you could blend with others or blend with another cream blush you already have.

I have a wide range of foundations and the staying power is pretty good.  Some foundations-on me- for whatever reason, tend to absorb blush and I have to apply more blush. Happily, that didn't happen with Burt's Bees!.

My next experiment is to try the Givenchy Black Lipstick on my cheeks.  I love the color on my lips and I was concerned about color changes depending on what I ate or drank, but that has not been a problem.  What has been a problem however, is that the color disappears rapidly.  The moisture stays, but I have to keep applying it.  I would love to see how it acts as a blush.....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Re: Burt's Bees colored lip balms as blush

@Poodlepet2 I have BB lip balm in Rose. I like it on the lips as well on the cheeks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I read about this in one of my "lady" magazines and decided to try it.  For five bucks, why not? 

I love the lip balm on lips: it's a beautiful saturation of color that is not thick like a lipstick.  It's moisturizing for sure-I would describe it as "You, only better".

On cheeks, it is gorgeous: I just bought one tube, but you could blend with others or blend with another cream blush you already have.

I have a wide range of foundations and the staying power is pretty good.  Some foundations-on me- for whatever reason, tend to absorb blush and I have to apply more blush. Happily, that didn't happen with Burt's Bees!.

My next experiment is to try the Givenchy Black Lipstick on my cheeks.  I love the color on my lips and I was concerned about color changes depending on what I ate or drank, but that has not been a problem.  What has been a problem however, is that the color disappears rapidly.  The moisture stays, but I have to keep applying it.  I would love to see how it acts as a blush.....

Poodlepet2

I wonder how true the concept -- if you use powder foundation, you should use powder blush --- creamy foundation - creamy blush   ?

Esteemed Contributor

I've said it on this board a hundreds times..... I've used lipstick as a blush since I was a teenager.  I don't ever buy blushes.  If you have a long-lasting lipstick that's a color you love, try it as a cream blush. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo their are many DIY's as far as making your own lasting blush using lipstick.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella -- what do you mean by a DIY.... making a blush using lipstick.....?   Do you mean like melting down a lipstick or something like that?  I'm confused.   Just use your lipstick in the tube, as it. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Harpa, I don't use powder foundations the way I used to: I do think the old rules don't always apply however because so many of the "powder" foundations act as liquids these days once they hit the skin.

In fact, powder blushes seem to behave differently as well. We are told to never put cream on a powder, but I have done that a couple of times and it went on smoothly-no pilling or streaking.... go figure! It might be worth experimenting with on a day when you don't have to go anywhere.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@tototwo Yes DIY which is make your own cream blush or cream stain depending on the lipstick...I have saved so many small jars or some horrid cream blushes that I have dumped & saved the container. If you want to make your own you need a spoon take a more creamy lipstick cut it off into a spoon. Take that spoon over a candle & melt it then use a silicone primer (which acts for more staying power) & add put back over flame mix then pour into a small jar. Now if you want a more lasting stain type cream blush, use a long lasting lipstick semi-matte or matte, then use the same ingred's but add an oil of your choice. Argan works well. They both set without freezing. You can go on youtube & watch many video's. Also you can use the least expensive lipstick. I have 3 shades but I also have some cream blushes I have bought. You can mix more than one shade.

Trusted Contributor

What a terrific idea.I also have the black lipstick, also the green and blue. They would make very pretty blush.

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 Black, green blue? Anyways...with the DIY's you can add a drop of illumizer for a glow look!!!!!!