Honored Contributor

Re: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

Shawn showed it on her beauty show Friday night.  Went to Ulta today to get some as I thought it would be good for my fine no body hair.  IT WAS AWFUL.  I am returning it tomorrow.  It did nothing as far as body was concerned and my hair felt stiff and gross.  To be fair, I sprayed it on dry hair but it did say it could be sprayed on dry hair.  I may try it again tomorrow on wet hair and see if its better.  

@JudyL   The salon I went to years ago sold B&B and my stylist used those products on me. Some were good...liked the pastes and waxes as finishing touches to separate and spike out my pixie cut, but the surf spray, you're correct, made my hair stiff, sticky on wet or dry hair and did nothing. I prefer a root spray on towel dried hair for any volume. You can better control where it's sprayed and not put on the lengths of hair.

Trusted Contributor

I have a salt spray from AG.  It's very similar to the bumble and bumble.  I don't use it all the time... I do like to use dry on velcro rollers in my hair.

Anyone still use those?  I have for years!!  

I put the velcro rollers in my hair, spray lightly all over with the salt spray.  Let set.  Take the rollers out and finger style.  Not as crunchy.  I agree.  The salt sprays are crunchy, like moouse on dry hair or air dried moussed hair.  But if you brush it out, it can give some volume.  

I have fine hair... it's the worst.  lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

is the line sulfate free ,  anyone  know ?   No ingredients listed .

Trusted Contributor

Never tried the surf spray.....but been using their thickening spray for years and love it. It's  light and only spray root area. The hair sprays are great also, they come in many different holds.

Honored Contributor

What is AG @justashopper ?

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@amyb  Yes, you can definitely return things to Ulta. I believe they have to be returned within 30 days. 

Yes, but even if you open it and tried it?? ...that's what it sounded like the OP was saying you could do.

Trusted Contributor

It is a brand of hair products.  I don't know what it stands for.  I get it at ulta.