Honored Contributor

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

Shawn showed it on her beauty show Friday night.  Went to Ulta today to get some as I thought it would be good for my fine no body hair.  IT WAS AWFUL.  I am returning it tomorrow.  It did nothing as far as body was concerned and my hair felt stiff and gross.  To be fair, I sprayed it on dry hair but it did say it could be sprayed on dry hair.  I may try it again tomorrow on wet hair and see if its better.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

I've also tried it before and it did nothing for me. Bumble and Bumble products do not work for me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

Shawn showed it on her beauty show Friday night.  Went to Ulta today to get some as I thought it would be good for my fine no body hair.  IT WAS AWFUL.  I am returning it tomorrow.  It did nothing as far as body was concerned and my hair felt stiff and gross.  To be fair, I sprayed it on dry hair but it did say it could be sprayed on dry hair.  I may try it again tomorrow on wet hair and see if its better.  

I had forgotten about this, bought it only once, after a hairdresser, about 20 years ago, highly recommended it after using it on my hair. I did like the "salty sea-spray" fragrance...however, I didn't like it in my hair either...and I did it from wet...so you can expect the same with that. Felt, crunchy, sticky, dirty.

(ps. I didn't know you could return something to places like Ulta if you try it but hate it...can you?? Good to know.)

This came out when it was "a thing" to scrunch your hair, and make it look as if salt water had gotten into it and made it beachy, messy, not necessarily clean...and that's how it feels after. If you are looking for that beachy look, that's what it's good for...but it just doesn't feel good. But then again...neither does salt watered hair..even when it looks sort of cute windswept.

Respected Contributor

I am lucky to have thick hair with lots of body. MY BFF of years has thin hair and no body and has tried every 'thickening and gives body' product out there. From drug store to top of the line. NONE worked for her. In the 80s she got perms and her hair looked fabulous!  More of the same beauty myths- 'lip gloss not sticky' 'reduces pores and fine lines' 'won't settle in fine lines' and the list goes on! LOL!

Trusted Contributor

I saw the presentation, and remembered buying it back in the day, and also remembered how awful it was.

Honored Contributor

Bumble and Bumble is extremely overrated. It all feels like gunk in my hair. 

Trusted Contributor

@amyb  Yes, you can definitely return things to Ulta. I believe they have to be returned within 30 days. 

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse  LOL....you and me both!  The name "Bumble & Bumble" brought back so many memories of the numerous high $$$ hyped-up styling products I continually bought year after year to manage my hair...all to no avail.

In 2013, I started wearing a wig that I have styled and can manage beautifully between stylings myself that achieves the "look" I was always seeking with all the hair styling products I purchased but never achieved.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@GenXmuse  LOL....you and me both!  The name "Bumble & Bumble" brought back so many memories of the numerous high $$$ hyped-up styling products I continually bought year after year to manage my hair...all to no avail.

In 2013, I started wearing a wig that I have styled and can manage beautifully between stylings myself that achieves the "look" I was always seeking with all the hair styling products I purchased but never achieved.

Lol! I can't tell you how many times I was talked into buying hair products at the salon and in my hands, they were a disaster! I wear wigs some too. My sister and I always joke that we really could have been "somebody" had it not been for our hair!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL       If you are looking for a product that gives you thickness with a little volume try Aquage Thickening Gel.  It sprays out as a mist on damp hair and then blow dry.  I have been using for over 10 years now and yes, I try other products but always come back to this.  It's around $22, I believe and ULTA carries Aquage products.  My hair is short so I spray about 4 or 5 sprays and comb through.  You have to adjust to your type of hair and length.

kindness is strength