Honored Contributor

Besides laser,

is their a topical remedy to appy on brown spots that does work?  I have one sun spot on my cheek bone that I  just hate.   Probably from my childhood and 20 something years of not using sun protection and such.....did not know better in those days....

just curious if if anyone has Used something that worked. 

Esteemed Contributor

Following.

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden I've been plaqued with hyperpigmentation on my face for several years now and nothing really worked until I started using Tretinoin (generic Retin A). It has helped greatly in fading my "spots" and my complexion has never been clearer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brown spots

[ Edited ]

@MissMaggieMoo, where do you get it?  Is it prescription?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I too had a few brown spots and took the advice of someone on these boards who suggested Glycolix Elite Treatment Pads, 20%. At the Overstock site you can get 60 pads for under $30. You use one a day. They have really helped lighten those spots on my face.

I've been using this brand for about three-four months. I noticed this morning when I was putting on makeup, that I don't have to put as much coverage in those areas.

If this product continues to lighten as it has up until now, my face should be free of those spots entirely by sometime this Fall.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are, but they are all long-term products that take months to see results and require continued use to keep the spots faded. I've tried a few, but in my case, the products may work but I do not.

User error - user lacks committment and dedication to the task. I've never used a single spot fade product to completion. I decided to stop trying and save money - I clearly don't care enough to do it 1-2 times a day for months.

Honored Contributor

I second that for the Glycolix Elite 20% Pads. Give them some time and they work topically. I also say Retin-A works, too. Retin-A will deactivate the melanocytes (the little boogers that make brown spots) found inside the skin which will, in time, make brown spots go away from within. 

Honored Contributor

@MissMaggieMoo wrote:

@SeaMaiden I've been plaqued with hyperpigmentation on my face for several years now and nothing really worked until I started using Tretinoin (generic Retin A). It has helped greatly in fading my "spots" and my complexion has never been clearer. 

@SeaMaiden

This ^^^.  My face is absolutely free of those nasty brown spots.  

See you’re dermatologist 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@MissMaggieMoo, where do you get it?  Is it prescription?

I buy my tretinoin from All Day Chemist. No Rx needed and it's very inexpensive. @Lilysmom

ADC price chart:

1 Tube/s 12345US$ 5.63US$ 6.26US$ 5.63  
3 Tube/s 12345US$ 4.79US$ 15.98US$ 14.38  
6 Tube/s BEST VALUE12345US$ 4.33US$ 28.89US$ 26.00  

ADC has free shipping for over $150 or it's $15 for under that. E-checks only, no cc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years ago I had a small spot on my cheekbone. I used Clinique Specifically made for brown spots. I didn't expect it to work but it went away in 3 months never to return. I was surprised it worked.

Clinique Even Better brown spot remover..