Honored Contributor

Brow regrowth. Marula oil or castor oil? Which is better?

[ Edited ]

Brow regrowth. Marula oil or castor oil? Which is better? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Brow regrowth. Marula oil or castor oil? Which is better?

Following.  I'd like to know, too!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I'm not sure about Marula or Castor oil, but Tea Tree oil is highly beneficial for regrowth.  I apply a drop or 2 on my eyebrow "tails" every night.  The key is consistent use to see results.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@Mindy D  I have tried both without any growth. Last has been castor oil for 6 months.  Thinking about microblading. I have so many brow products but they do not look natural and wear off. My left eyebrow lost all hair from arch to outer edge and right is sparse at arch. 

Honored Contributor

When I was using The Ordinary's Marula Oil, I noticed a growth in my brows after 1/2 a bottle (nightly use).  I've had to cut a few that were out of control.  

Honored Contributor

I think I've read that Rosehip Oil works better for brow growth than Marula but I personally saw no difference...I wasn't using it for brow growth tho.  I DID notice a difference with the Marula Oil.

Respected Contributor

I started using Bare minerals length & strength serum for brows & the same one for lashes. After 2 months my brows look amazing. Very full. My lashes are longer & fuller. Both have color so it's a 1 shot process.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    If you try Tea Tree oil please mix it with a base oil.  Here is a product that promotes hair growth for hair, eyebrows.  It is sold at iherb.com    There are other products you may like better so check it out.  Do a search for hair growth oil

Okay Pure Naturals, 100% Pure Black Jamaican Castor Oil, 4 oz (118 ml)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You could use a lash serum on your brows.  

Regarding tea tree oil, this is also good for toenail fungus but I have read that you need to use it with a "carrier" oil like coconut oil.  I'm not sure if that is just for toenails or if it would apply if you wanted to use it on your brows as well.  

I use rosehip oil nightly and have been for over 6 months and I've noticed no difference in my brows.  And they could definitely use the help.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I have taken the good advice from @monicakm and used marula oil and it works for me. It must be about 2 months ago that I read her suggestion and I started, and now see results. My sister noticed it and now she started. One problem solved. The other is the grays.