Honored Contributor

Hilarious responses---gave me a chuckle---what is next? Can only imagine!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Brow lamination

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@Shanus - want to jump in here and see if you can give more detailed info for @moonandthestars - 

I have not heard of this before either.

@riley1   Sure, the brows are "forced" into an upward shape which leaves spaces for you to fill in hairs w/ a fine liner pen. IMO, it only shows the bald spots and definitely not a time saver. @SilleeMee  is correct about soap brows. That's not a permanent look and no solutions near your eye.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are several companies that sell products that can give you this look without anything permanent being done.

Just google soap brow also.  It's a similar look to brow lamination.  Products should come up you can buy.  I think this is another stupid beauty trend that in a year people will look back on and wonder what they were thinking.   

@Lipstickdiva   I agree and most of these "brow looks" are not natural looking. They're for models, youtubers (mostly  younger ones). A naturally filled in brow is more youthful than many of these attempts to make brows perfection. 

Honored Contributor

If I had very unruly wild-looking bushy brows then I would probably go for a brow lamination to get my brows tamed. From what I can tell the process would be a good option for a longer-term solution for out-of-control brows.

Honored Contributor

Re: Brow lamination

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

If I had very unruly wild-looking bushy brows then I would probably go for a brow lamination to get my brows tamed. From what I can tell the process would be a good option for a longer-term solution for out-of-control brows.

@SilleeMee   Here's the rub. As soon as brows grow in about 2-3 months or the hairs in "resting phase", the process didn't treat the new hairs and the ones growing out are still unruly. So, it's not really a long term option. It needs to be repeated quite often. 

I've always felt that using soap or better yet a good hold brow gel and trimming the hairs above the line that wave and/or are unruly is a better way to go. 

Respected Contributor

@riley1 @Shanus @SilleeMee @wagirl @Lipstickdiva @Kachina624   and so sorry if I missed anyone.

Thanks all for the replies!  I went to one of the salons that advertises for the brow lamination, but for another reason, and had the opportunity chat with the girl who actually does that service.  Anyway, everyone here is right:  It was explained to me that it's like a perm and a keratin for the brows.  It's makes them appear fuller and fluffier and tames unrully brows,  I questioned the name 'lamination' which evokes coated, stiff and shiney to me.  And she basically said, yes they are held in place (so stiff and coated) and there is some shine.

Not that I was going to do it, but as a depressing side note she looked at my brows and said I would not even be a candidate for it!  So sad.   I did buy a new brow growth product.  I'll report back if I have good results.  

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars   Thanks for coming back and updating the information we had. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars ---so refresh my memory---are you not able to do your own brows or don't know how? It's really very easy to do , takes some practice----my brows would be rejected for any lamination process too and found lash/brow serum really doesn't work for me. I got incredibly good at doing my brows that fell out  due to chemo treatments. they looked fabulous. My brows grew back--kind of sparse in places but not bad--- my lashes are the bane of my exisitance--they are short and stubby and straight, rarely wear mascara. but my brows shine!!!Woman Wink

go to a place like Ulta or sephora and have someone put brows on you or watch you tube.  I use anastasia brand brow pencil, and use clear mascara to keep them in place. You need the right color for your skin and hair too. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @wagirl   Well really I was just curious about what this brow lamination thing was. I don't have good brows, and apparently I should have good brows! I mostly notice the thinning/balding areas - I think beauty people and probably other people notice they are really thin too.  Had a bad waxing once about 10 years ago and they never recovered!  Also, add in thryoid issues and just aging I guess and here I am.  I've tried many brow growth products and nothing has made much of a difference.  Interestingly most of the eylash ones work great for me.  I know microblading is also a thing now, but I don't think I want that.  I've seen bad outcomes plus not sure I like the invasiveness of it.  Trying a new brow growth product now.  I think your suggestions are good and right.  I'll start with youtube and then go somewhere to have them help choose the right color.  I mean, I do fill in most of the time with some pencils I have, but not anywhere near how they should be, I'm sure.

Hope you're feeling great now Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars --ok now I understand----yes ,age and meds and various conditions will do a number on us---my brows are the same way wonky describes them well------and yes I am doing very well, thank you---

a friend did the micro planing--she hated getting it done as it hurts--she had to go back a few times to re- do the width and the color and to  just tweak them. they fade after awhile so I am sure she goes back to re- color them. and it is very pricy too. She was always very red and then scabby for a few weeks aferward. Geez all that --sounds like a heck of alot of work and $$. give me a pencil anyday!!!