Honored Contributor

Does anyone use both a gel and powder brow products at the same time?  I'm getting a lot of gray eyebrows and the inside section looks like it's thinning.  I've been using Gimme Brow in color 4.5 but I noticed tonight after a long day/evening, it appeared to have worn off some.  I also have the Rare Beauty powder brow product, Shape and Fill Duo.  I think the Gimme Brow will work better for the gray.  I think the Rare Beauty powder will work better for filling in sparse areas and shaping.  Have you used both powder and gel?

Contributor
@monicakm Yes! Thank you for your post.. brows have been a challenge of mine for some time. Tried this combo out of necessity one day, it worked so have been doing that to create a more natural brow since. A colored gel for the white ones and powder to fill in bare spots. Both are purposeful, the powder makes it all last longer. Do the upper and lower brow first so they match, are positioned symmetrical, then fill in as needed. Use eyeshadow for powder after the gel, can kind of tweak the color using both so the result is more natural. Artistry is a talent.. I know you’re much better than me. Hope things are going well for you and your family. 😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you!  So do the gel first (let dry) and then fill and shape with the powder?  I wonder if I can sneak that one past the nurses! lol

Things have somewhat settled down here but nothing has changed so the cycle is going to repeat it's self.  None of the assisted living places have bathTUBS, just wheelchair accessible showers.  I understand the reasoning but that's going to be a deal breaker for my mother and after having to shower for the last 3 nights and again tonight (due to surgery) and for weeks after surgery, I can't blame her.  There is no relaxing in a shower Smiley Sad  For bathers it's a horrible experience lol

Dad is home and seems a little worse mentally than before but so far not aggressively so.  He did unbutton his pants and loosened his belt at the restaurant yesterday tho and my husband said "that's it.  I'm not going out to eat with them again" Smiley Surprised   The VA is coming for 15 hours a week to cook and clean.  We'll see how long they last (sigh)

Honored Contributor

I use the kit from Elf that has a pomade, which goes on first, and a powder to put over it.  It works wonders on my sparse tailess brows. I use the dark shade for the best coverage. 

Contributor
@monicakm Bless your heart.. Know what it is to care for parents, thus my respect and kind regards. We just adjust, do our best, and take care of each other the best we can. Good luck with things.. Sounds like you’ve done a great job coordinating what you can for them.
I start w/ the tinted brow gel to cover and shape them. While that’s setting, apply concealer, eye base, whatever else to highlight/ contour and finish w/ a taupe eyeshadow to fill in sparse brow spots. I like Shelbelle’s idea, I’m going to look for that. Do mine as mentioned because other products I’ve tried make them too strong. Take Care and have a good day!!
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Does anyone use both a gel and powder brow products at the same time?  I'm getting a lot of gray eyebrows and the inside section looks like it's thinning.  I've been using Gimme Brow in color 4.5 but I noticed tonight after a long day/evening, it appeared to have worn off some.  I also have the Rare Beauty powder brow product, Shape and Fill Duo.  I think the Gimme Brow will work better for the gray.  I think the Rare Beauty powder will work better for filling in sparse areas and shaping.  Have you used both powder and gel?

@monicakm   I still think coloring brows with the JUST FOR MEN (mustache dye) is always the best bet. The grey hairs are covered and lasts weeks. Then I use Gimme Brow pencil or a brow powder to fill in and any brow gel or hair gel on spoolie to set them. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   My Mom always enjoyed a bath before she went to assisted living. She got used to a shower (we purchased a portable shower seat for her). The staff explained showers were safer than getting in and out of a tub.

Good luck and best health wishes to all the family. 😘