Honored Contributor

My curiosity was peaked when I heard Shawn mention this the other night.  To be honest I thought microblading was some sort of plucking or removing the hair.  I have next to no brows and spend so much time every morning on trying to get them on right with a pencil (and look real).  No luck.  Some days OK and others not so much.  Too thin, too thick, uneven.  Ugh!  So I went to youtube and watched some videos.  The cost is $300 to $1,000.  Wow.  I'll be thinking about this real hard. 

Can anyone tell me what your experience was or is???  

Contributor

My daughter had it done. They looked too dark at first, but they either faded a bit or we got used to them and they look very good. I honestly can't remember how much they cost, but I think it was about $400. My best advice would be very sure of the skill level of the person doing the procedure. 

Honored Contributor

I've never had it done. But I know my friend goes to have her brows retouched about once a year because they fade. The length of time microbladed brows last depends on your skin care routine as well as your skin type. Touch-ups are not as expensive as the initial visit.

Honored Contributor

@samlet by skill level do you mean how long they've been doing it?  Is this something I would ask a person directly?

Contributor

My daughter had a recommendation from a friend that had her brows done.  I would ask friends for reviews. I would also ask the provider to look at pictures of her work.  Other sources could be plastic surgeons, doctors, and other professionals in the beauty business like a cosmetologist. I would be very sure about their skill level before I let anyone work on my face.

Honored Contributor

Check Nikol Johnson on YouTube.  She talks about how to find a qualified person.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Check Nikol Johnson on YouTube.  She talks about how to find a qualified person.

@Nonametoday Thanks!  I will check it out.

Respected Contributor

I had mine done a year and a half ago. I love them. The brow artist got just the right shade and shape. It takes longer to get the brow shape sketched out than the actual procedure itself. The cost ($295) included 2 visits- the second visit is to refine the brows with more microblading. Topical numbing is used in the brow area.

Expect the brow artist to "stretch" your skin as she/he is making microscopic cuts. It feels like being lightly scratched. Your brows will be darker than their final shade when you leave. But don't panic, they lighten up quick.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness, thickening or adding to my already too thick, dark brows is not an issue. I do color the few grey ones. I can't stress enough finding someone who's done microblading for years and be sure to ask for photos of their work. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

I had mine done a year and a half ago. I love them. The brow artist got just the right shade and shape. It takes longer to get the brow shape sketched out than the actual procedure itself. The cost ($295) included 2 visits- the second visit is to refine the brows with more microblading. Topical numbing is used in the brow area.

Expect the brow artist to "stretch" your skin as she/he is making microscopic cuts. It feels like being lightly scratched. Your brows will be darker than their final shade when you leave. But don't panic, they lighten up quick.

Nice to hear they lighten up.  A couple of people I know but don't see too often got it done, and must have just gotten it done, because when I saw them it was "whoa!"  Very obvious they'd had it done.  And not in a good way.   But the one I see once a year and the other it was in FB photos.