Honored Contributor

What is it about brows! Smiley Surprised  They are my sore spot too when it comes to my makeup.  Just in the last year they've developed GRAY hairs but mostly have thinned.  I have bangs too and before my haircut last week, they were at the bottom of my brows.  I had trimmed them myself since I was having a hard time seeing Smiley Surprised  I told her to just shape them up.  Now their almost touching my brows.  They're not as short as she's cut them before tho so I'm good with it.  They grow fast.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   On sale or w/ coupons, my L'Oreal color was maybe $6.99 a box. I mixed both boxes with developer into a professional (Sally's) haircolor bottle with applicator tip. $14 is much less than the $100+ I paid when I just didn't want to take the time/effort to make so many parts to cover every bit of silver. My hair had been totally silver/white/grey since my early 30s. That's a lot of work, not to mention mess, every 3 weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

What is it about brows! Smiley Surprised  They are my sore spot too when it comes to my makeup.  Just in the last year they've developed GRAY hairs but mostly have thinned.  I have bangs too and before my haircut last week, they were at the bottom of my brows.  I had trimmed them myself since I was having a hard time seeing Smiley Surprised  I told her to just shape them up.  Now their almost touching my brows.  They're not as short as she's cut them before tho so I'm good with it.  They grow fast.

@monicakm   I color my brows myself once a month (to get the grey ones) with JUST FOR MEN beard and mustache color in Lt. Blonde which is really a dark taupe. It stays on for 5 minutes and done.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I've used brow gel all my life & this is my favorite!

334E967D-C43B-4E9E-ABF1-494D55AC7D55.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Ordered it yesterday!  But, I have to say, what I just did seems to be the best thing I've tried so far.  I put a little Big Sexy Hair Powder Play in the palm of my hand, twirled a spoolie in it and brushed my brows up with it.  They stood at attention! Smiley Happy  Then I went over them to color and shape with Benefit Gimme Brow.  It looks exactly like what I wanted.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

How is the product dispensed?  Can you use it multiple times till it's all gone?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I'll try it once to see  how I like the color.  The one and only time I deviated from the one box of either color, I went to Sally's, picked out a color from the samples of hair-on-a-chain.  The clerk picked everything out, I double checked it and the next day I had blue-black hair!  Now, I LOVE black hair but quickly discovered I didn't even like it on me Smiley Sad  That stuff took it's own sweet time to fade enough to use my Deeply Brown or Deeply Bronzed Brown Smiley Sad

Because patience has never been a virtue of mine, I couldn't be bothered with parting my hair every inch or so to apply color.  So I've always just slathered it on and use the entire bottle on short hair.  My mother has been coloring her hair for as long as I can remember and longer.  I've seen her pain-stakingly part sections of hair.  Thinking I must be doing it all wrong (even tho the end result was what it should be) I asked her if I was making a mistake by not parting my hair in sections.  I can't remember her exact words but no, I wasn't.  Maybe it had something to do with not having bleached hair or changing the color much.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Oh my!  Gray since your 30s Smiley Surprised  Did it bother you at first?  Did your mother turn gray early as well?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

How is the product dispensed?  Can you use it multiple times till it's all gone?

@monicakm   Which product are you asking about?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  The hair samples shown on box or little wisps of hair below pkg. or at Sally's, in my experience...what I remember from coloring dark hair 4 years ago...those colors are darker on your hair. I always went a shade lighter than shown.

Even though, in my 20's before going ALL silver, I was a natural very dark brown, almost black, I chose a medium brown dye. It was really dark on me. If I had used dark brown, my hair would have been close to black. 

Covering grey roots, which is virgin hair, is a whole different ball game than putting color on previously dyed hair which takes the color differently. If you choose a color that's too light, you can end up with orange looking roots ("hot roots")....a real mess to even out with the rest of your hair.

When my hair became 100% grey, I left it to the pros to match the color they used to touch up roots to the color on the rest of my hair. It was too difficult for me since every hair coming in needed to be dyed!

***IMHO, the associates at Sally's have steered me wrong many times w/ color, conditioning masks, etc. I only purchase items there when I know in advance what I'm going in to buy.