Respected Contributor

Brooke Shields And Eyebrow Line

On the Wendy Williams Show  yesterday she said  that Brooke was in a high end  store in the makeup dept. and saw an eyebrow pencil with the name on it that said Brooke S. Brooke was mad that her name was used and is suing the company and in the process said she is coming  out with her own eyebrow line. Should be interesting to see if she does  and will it be on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields And Eyebrow Line

What I read is that the real Brooke Shields has been working on her own makeup line for a while now.... and then she saw that another brand had named their new eyebrow line "Brooke S" without her permission.  Understandable that it ticked her off.  So she's suing the other makeup line to stop using her name on their eyebrow products.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I guess it's a good thing Ms Brooke is getting into perhaps a makeup line along with her clothing line here. Lazy Boy gave her gig away to someone else.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked Brooke Sheilds.  Didn't know she was coming out with  makeup line, but I'm curious to check it out when it launches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL. Charlotte Tilbury is the line with Brooke S as the eyebrow pencil (I own it). 

Please. That pencil has been out for YEARS and being in the industry, she just NOW found out? All of CT products are named after models SHE worked on. Me thinks Brookie is ticked off now only because she wants to make her own line and well....controversy makes for free PR!

Edited to add: Charlotte Tilbury is too smart a business woman to make such a mistake. This temper tantrum by Brooke brought her down many a peg in my eyes. "I'M GONNA SUE!". Geez, so classic an American response. How about privately contacting CT and discussing this like 2 adults (though I don't believe Brooke wasn't aware in the first place). If I was interested in BS products, I wouldn't buy from her now seeing her behavior over this.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

LOL. Charlotte Tilbury is the line with Brooke S as the eyebrow pencil (I own it). 

Please. That pencil has been out for YEARS and being in the industry, she just NOW found out? All of CT products are named after models SHE worked on. Me thinks Brookie is ticked off now only because she wants to make her own line and well....controversy makes for free PR!

Edited to add: Charlotte Tilbury is too smart a business woman to make such a mistake. This temper tantrum by Brooke brought her down many a peg in my eyes. "I'M GONNA SUE!". Geez, so classic an American response. How about privately contacting CT and discussing this like 2 adults (though I don't believe Brooke wasn't aware in the first place). If I was interested in BS products, I wouldn't buy from her now seeing her behavior over this.

I agree with everything you said.  I also use the pencil and never once did it enter my mind that somehow Brooke endorsed it nor did that have any reason for me buying it.  I took it strictly to be the name of the color.  If all the celebs are going to go after her for that she would have to rename all of her lipsticks, everything. 

Respected Contributor

Brooke also said that all of the proceeds from the sale of the BS eyebrow pencil should go to  her. And that she was never contacted to give her permission.It is already going to court. Wonder what the outcome will be!

Honored Contributor

I think it might be a difficult case. The name Brooke S  is not the same as Brooke Shields and the letter "S" could stand for any other word or name other than hers. So I say good luck with that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless she had Brooke S patented, I dont think she has a leg to stand on  and she shouldn’t.  How many people in the world have this name and I would of never associated this name to Brooke Shields. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here is an article from the Fashion Law website about the lawsuit:

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/brooke-shields-slaps-charlotte-tilbury-with-lawsuit-over-brooke-s-...