Honored Contributor

Bronzer Look I Tried From MandyLea

This is the name of the video if anyone cares to watch

Interesting Makeup Artist Bronzer Tips | Let's give this a try...

I tried it today.  Jury is still out.  I need to use a different size brush and practice.  It might just look odd to me because I'm never in the sun long enough to get bronzed and pink.  This is a look from Gucci Westman.  I'm not sure it will ever look good on someone as light as my complexion is???  Nevertheless, it's a nice look and I thought worth sharing.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Bronzer Look I Tried From MandyLea

@monicakm wrote:

This is the name of the video if anyone cares to watch

Interesting Makeup Artist Bronzer Tips | Let's give this a try...

I tried it today.  Jury is still out.  I need to use a different size brush and practice.  It might just look odd to me because I'm never in the sun long enough to get bronzed and pink.  This is a look from Gucci Westman.  I'm not sure it will ever look good on someone as light as my complexion is???  Nevertheless, it's a nice look and I thought worth sharing.  

@monicakm - I watched that video last night.  Since hurting my knee I haven't felt like wearing makeup but will definitely try it once I'm feeling better.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I may have missed how you hurt your knee.   Bless your heart.  I'm back on my cane and walker.  My other knee went from zero to 100 over night.  IOW, it's hurting just as bad as the operated knee did at it's worse Smiley Sad  But I remember being able to fairly comfortably walk with my walker and it hurts big time to use the walker now.  Hoping to get an xray this coming week.  I know it's bone on bone.  I was not expecting this so soon.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Forgot to mention, when my first knee went out and even during recovery after surgery, playing with and applying my makeup was the thing that I enjoyed the most.  

I hope you get back on your feet in time for your African Adventure (actually way before that but definitely don't want you missing out on your trip).

Respected Contributor

@monicakm @Thanks! I'll take a look!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I may have missed how you hurt your knee.   Bless your heart.  I'm back on my cane and walker.  My other knee went from zero to 100 over night.  IOW, it's hurting just as bad as the operated knee did at it's worse Smiley Sad  But I remember being able to fairly comfortably walk with my walker and it hurts big time to use the walker now.  Hoping to get an xray this coming week.  I know it's bone on bone.  I was not expecting this so soon.

@monicakm Don't think I said how I hurt my knee other than I was doing something really stupid and knew better than to do on my own but thought "oh its ok, I can do this." Yeah, nope, not a good idea.  It feels a little better today after the injection yesterday.  I'm starting to want to play with my makeup so thinking by tomorrow or Monday, I'll be in the mood again.  As I'm sure you know, doing the bascis - showering, brushing teeth, skin care all become an incredible chore and caused my knee to hurt because of the standing.  So makeup was put to the side for a while as I just didn't have the energy.  

Oh my goodness, to have your other knee hurting so bad so soon must be so discouraging on top of everything else you are dealing with.  My heart goes out to you and hope you find relief soon.

Respected Contributor

Gwirls, I know this is about makeup but I just wanted to say I'm a member of the cranky knee club, too! 😩 Had arthroscopic knee surgery in 2016 for torn meniscus and that made it overall even worse for over two years. Now I'm just trying to hang in as I don't want replacement after such a bad experience with the arthroscopic procedure. Oh, and after having bunion surgery nine years ago with a great outcome, now that joint is getting cranky again, as well. WTH! 😲 

Misery loves company so thought I would chime in @monicakm  and @JudyL. 😄

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped @monicakm @JudyL ok ladies! I'm a member of this club also! I have a dodgy knee also. A few years ago I fell up the steps. I have osteoporosis arthritis in my knee and I bruised my hip and ankle. In addition I have a tear in my rotator cuff....most days it's all good but some....yikes! Funny thing, the tv is on a Rachel is rocking on her toes and I'm thinking can I do that...who knows, So take care my beauties and I'm sending huge well wishes!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  If your complexion is fair or light-medium, then the tone of bronzer can be the culprit not the brush. I like Makeup By Mario bronzer (sold out in Sephora in Light) and also have Gucci Westman's Butter Bronzer (lightest shade).

Gucci's is by far the best tone and consistency for the application decribed in that video. The shade is almost like a face powder a few shades darker than the complexion, not really like a bronzer which is why it's so natural looking.

Scoot over to the Gucci Westman site and see her actual video on application. 

Honored Contributor

Ladies, all these posts about bad knees and surgery, replacement, etc. is making me nervous. Is this a genetic thing, injuries? I'd like to know some prevention tips.