Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bronzer Look I Tried From MandyLea

I watched the video. I like the bronzer look Mandylea did, and think that she didn't need the blush. The bronzer was fine by itself and the blush was an unnecessary step. I will try that tactic next time I wear bronzer. 

Also, the name dropping was a turn off. I don't care what celebrities used this, as IMO it has no relevance and adds nothing. 

Shanus, I have no idea if the knee problems are genetic. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, but not much pain. Mostly stiffness in the morning, and I do stretching and bending exercises to keep it flexible. The Dr. doesn't think it's bad enough for replacement. A few years ago I tripped over a wire in the house and that's how I found out about the arthritis. Since then it hasn't been too bad. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@monicakm  benefit has a Hoola lite bronzer. 

Benefit Cosmetics - Hoola Bronzer Hoola Lite Bronzer 0.28 oz / 8 g

Here are other options for the bronzer.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

There are very few and by very few I mean one (that I know of) prescription pain meds I can tolerate...oxycodone.  Sure don't have any of that laying around Smiley Surprised. Tylenol does nothing for me below the neck.  Advil and Aleve cause swelling of the legs, feet and hands.  So I'm just stuck putting up with the pain and using ice.  Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE showers?  And by HATE I mean loath, detest lol  But I'm back in my husband's shower.  Thankfully I have a shower chair I got for my knee replacement.  If we had hard water, I don't think I'd enjoy baths as much but would still choose it over a shower.  Sharing a shower with 3 other girls in college was a nightmare.  It was the sole reason for leaving campus housing and moving off campus.  Dad found a boarding house that had all guys.  I was the only girl.  Thanks dad! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee 

I've got this one in my Sephora cart.  If I look, I'm sure I have one this light already.  I'll have to remember to do that today.  I'm being really good about being on a "low-buy" for makeup Smiley Happy  Really don't have much choice since I'm out of space (unless I want it to look tacky and just throw items in the cart at random).  Humm, it doesn't say which color this is but it looks like a good match for me.

Hoola Matte Bronzer Travel Size Mini Styled

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

There are very few and by very few I mean one (that I know of) prescription pain meds I can tolerate...oxycodone.  Sure don't have any of that laying around Smiley Surprised. Tylenol does nothing for me below the neck.  Advil and Aleve cause swelling of the legs, feet and hands.  So I'm just stuck putting up with the pain and using ice.  Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE showers?  And by HATE I mean loath, detest lol  But I'm back in my husband's shower.  Thankfully I have a shower chair I got for my knee replacement.  If we had hard water, I don't think I'd enjoy baths as much but would still choose it over a shower.  Sharing a shower with 3 other girls in college was a nightmare.  It was the sole reason for leaving campus housing and moving off campus.  Dad found a boarding house that had all guys.  I was the only girl.  Thanks dad! Smiley Wink

@monicakm - The Ibuprofen that I've been taking takes the edge off but doesn't alleviate the pain completely.  Between that and ice I do ok.  Don't want to take anything stronger.  May change my mind if I have surgery though.  I have a tub shower - only 1 bathroom in my townhouse - so getting in and out of the tub/shower has been challenging. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Iwantcoffee 

I've got this one in my Sephora cart.  If I look, I'm sure I have one this light already.  I'll have to remember to do that today.  I'm being really good about being on a "low-buy" for makeup Smiley Happy  Really don't have much choice since I'm out of space (unless I want it to look tacky and just throw items in the cart at random).  Humm, it doesn't say which color this is but it looks like a good match for me.

Hoola Matte Bronzer Travel Size Mini Styled

@monicakm  This does look like a good shade.  Lighter than the CT cream bronzer and its a mini so its tiny.  I'm sure there must be some teeny tiny spot this would fit....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

LOL, yes it would fit in my misc tray in my cart but it's not a misc item so...

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

LOL, yes it would fit in my misc tray in my cart but it's not a misc item so...

Well @monicakm - let's see how can we categorize this so it's a "misc" item...  It's small so it's not a "regular" size bronzer so it can't really be put with your larger bronzers.  So in that sense it is misc because you don't have any other bronzers this small, right?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I think that falls under the "creative accounting" rule.  I love it!  In the misc tray it goes Smiley Wink