Trusted Contributor

Re: Breyers Gelato needs to go away!!!

On 6/1/2014 KateChopin said:

My kids love gelato, but when I brought this home, they read the ingredients and were shocked. They threw it out before I could read them. I don't know if they were really that bad or not!

threw out ice cream? Eck, they should charge for their services, we'd all be healthier!

Valued Contributor

That stuff is poison! It has a bizillon calories and not worth the effort at the gym! I'll pass!

Regular Contributor

Talenti gelato is also amaaaazing, esp Sea Salt Caramel. This stuff is so addicting it should come with a warning label.
Honored Contributor

Breyers natural vanilla ice cream is our absolute favorite. We like that more icy texture to the creamier types. I've been looking for their gelato, but so far, our store hasn't carried it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

We love that calorie laden delicious breyer's gelato too. Just tried the tiramisu ... OMG I'm in trouble.

Honored Contributor

How is gelato different than ice cream?

Super Contributor

On 6/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

How is gelato different than ice cream? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It's got more air whipped in for a lighter, creamier texture...nothing can beat the real thing on the streets of Italy, but the Haagen Daz (sp) comes close...come to think of it, I had better read THOSE ingredients...can't imagine what was in that Breyers---they used to be known for their purity---my uncle worked there and said they were the cleanest place ever and used the best ingredients, so...

Honored Contributor

It is very good. I like all the brands of Gelato that I've tried. I wish I didn't lol.

Valued Contributor

i didn't read this. exits thread.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

We have an Italian owned ice cream shop right here in town that makes their own Gelato....the Coconut is the BEST!!! I stay away. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thanks for the heads up on the Bryers....I think I'll stay away from that too. Smile

The difference between Gelato and Ice Cream: http://www.foodrepublic.com/2013/08/13/whats-difference-between-ice-cream-and-gelato

It's very smooth and rich.....feels and tastes creamy, but contains less or no cream. It's really de-lish!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy