Trusted Contributor

Breaking hair around face.....any products....?

The front of my hair (along my face) has a huge breakage problem.  I have tried several products to help with the breakage, but I haven't found anything that works.  Any suggestions?  Is there a product you use that really helps with hair breakage?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Breaking hair around face.....any products....?

Do you bleach or color your hair?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Do you bleach or color your hair?

Yes I do, and I know that can be a big problem, but I swear so many others do the same, and they don't have this problem.  BTW, I love your quote!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the famous joke:

Doctor: “What brings you in today?”

Patient: “It hurts when I do this...” (waving arm up & down)

Doctor: “Then don’t do that”

Honored Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

The front of my hair (along my face) has a huge breakage problem.  I have tried several products to help with the breakage, but I haven't found anything that works.  Any suggestions?  Is there a product you use that really helps with hair breakage?  TIA

@Sue98   I’m not sure if your hair is longer and you pull it back, use heat styling tools, but that can break it off too.

Honored Contributor

@Sue98 .........Thanks I love Joyce Meyer and watch her shows and read her books.

Just because others process their hair does not mean anything.  From what my beautician tells me your hair is over processed.  You need to stop the processing and let your hair recover.  No product is going to stop the breaking of the hair.  My beautician and I have a mutual friend that has the same problem but she wont stop bleaching her hair.  So she always has the broken off short hairs sticking straight up around her face.

This probably not something you want to do but IMO it is necessary for the health of your hair.  Good luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Sue98 , I dont know if this will work for you, but I have such dry skin and hair.

I actually use body butter ,Josie ,at night and when I have some left on my hands, I work it into the bottom of my hair.  Its made a world of difference for  me.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I have tried Carol's Daughter Monoi Strengthening Set (Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask) and I think it really helps with breakage.  (98% less brekage according to the Carol's Daughter site)

I think the drugstore substitute, which I use more often than Carol's Daughter because of the price difference is Schwarzkopf GLISS Hair Repair Set. (They claim 90% stronger hair on their site).  

I have used both of those lines and enjoyed and see results in both.

Honored Contributor

I had that problem until I found Carol's Daughter products.  I rotate with Monoi and Black Vanilla products and the breakage stopped nearly all together.  I use the spray on conditioners daily also which has made a difference.  My hair is much softer also.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the Carol's Daughters Monoi products. I love them and I really think they have helped with my hair breakage, it is less and a little of her products go a long way!