Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brandon Truaxe, Founder of DECIEM dead at 40

[ Edited ]

I was surprised to read this story but I'm not surprised that Brandon Truaxe has passed away. I think it was rather sad to see his severe mental illesses through his social media postings this past year. I hope he has found the peace that seemed to have eluded him in life.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I was surprised to read this story but I'm not surprised that Brandon Truaxe has passed away. I think it was rather sad to see his severe mental illesses through his social media postings this past year. I hope he has found the peace that seemed to have eluded him in life.

I have been so deeply saddened by this news! 

When I saw some of his erratic behavior in Social Media some months back I kept wishing I had a way to reach out to help him!!

I know people must have tried to help him, however, to me this is just another reminder of how important it is to reach out to those around us when we notice things!! 

Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I keep reading that suicide is one of the leading causes of death for young people.

While some might say 40 isn't young, I still believe he probably would have lived perhaps another 40 years.

It's so sad to think what an inventive person like himself could have done for the world.  

I'm sure there are many people in his life who are really feeling the loss and are wondering why.

As someone who lost several close family members to suicide, I am sad to heard about one more person who felt the need (accident or otherwise) to leave this wonderful world.  Sad always sad.

Honored Contributor

I  never  heard of him (read the article).  However, may he rest in peace.  So young to be gone.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still so upset about this and so decided to see if any more articles were posted about him.  While I did see a few articles--there really hasn't been much more coverage!!

That said, I was so struck with what appears to be his last words posted online which were made in a video post on IG:

"Tell someone I love you"

I really think in our world were so many people are hurting and scrutinized so ruthlessly over every little thing (by those hiding behind computers or phones) and even summarily "cancelled" ---his is such good advice! 

HeartHeartHeart