Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering what the botox treatment entails.  I am noticing more and more hosts, vendors seem to be getting treatment.  I can see the difference as I don't watch often so when someone looks totally different I am sure they have done something. 

My only issue is when they try to pass off younger more firm appearance on the product they are selling.  I think there should be a disclaimer.  

Esteemed Contributor

Botox is given usually after numbing with ice. It’s injected with a small needle around frown lines. 

Filler is injected around nasel lines and mouth that is numbed with a cream first. 

It’s expensive!

Valued Contributor

I have had Botox treatments.  By NO means do I look totally different.  People don't even know...I just happen not to have the crease across my forehead or the "11" lines between my eyes.  

Honored Contributor

Usually what makes someone look different are fillers, not Botox which smooths things out. Fillers change facial contour and they can create fullness to sunken, hollow or flattened areas on the face while making wrinkles and folds disappear.

Respected Contributor

I had a botox injection once when I was about 45.  A long time ago.  I was disappointed in the result.  First of all, it didn't do much for my 11 lines and I had a lot of twitching in my left eye until it wore off about 2 months later.  Actually it only lasted about 6 weeks tops.  imo not worth the $$$.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I get Botox Migraine, which botiullism, it says botullism. My neurologist injects between the brows, above each brow in a few spots and then further up acrosse forehead, not too close to the hair line, and sides near the temples,

he does  a few more forehead spots than regular cosmetic injectors, he also injects the sides of my head front to back over my ears, down each side of the back of my head to my neck, across the top of my shoulders.

I can still move my forehead, though, when I purposely try to furrow my brows they still have some movement which I like, but definately looks better, and horizontal lines either. I would have loved a bit more brow lift, I have a little., it's fine. One time there was too much lift for the 1st two weeks, then settled to look very nice.

He doesn't design a brow lift like cosmetic injectors do -go only to a plastic surgeon or derm for that- which I'm going to try for lower facial area, and have them do my migraine forehead injects, which I'll pay out of pocket, just to see if I can get more of a brow lift, if they can't then I'll have my neuro dr keep doing that part too ( if the can, neuro will do everything else except forehead)

I've never had ice, or any numbing cream applied, it's not bad, at least for me it isn't,  and it's quick.

If I didn't have migraines I'd definately do it anyway.

My neuro and insurance requires patients having medical conditions that can be treated with botox or xeomin ( another botullism which I also get for another reason)  to have tried at least 2 other treatments for that condition, and they request dr.s records for that condition before they will approve botox treatment. I'm going to Johns Hopkins for yet another botox treatment, for a very serious vascular condtion, even Hopkins has to go through insurance evaluation!

HTH's

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

I get botox a couple times a year for a "brow lift" effect.  It lifts my droopy eyelids and I love it.  Teeny tiny needle and it's no big deal.  Takes just a few minutes.

Super Contributor

I have Botox injections every 8 months for forehead creases and crows feet.

I look like me just more rested.

If you have neverhad Botox you really cant comment on the results. Mine have always been excellent and no pain.

Been doing it for 10 years.

Respected Contributor
I started on my 11 lines when I only had one line between my brows. I had no pain and I don't have and eleven on my face any more . l go to my dermatologist twice a year.
Regular Contributor
I had it done for my 11’s, absolutely didn’t work. I guess they were too deep. So then the doc said to first put in filler, wait 3 days and then Botox. Didn’t work either , except giving me a bump between my eyes which disappeared after a few month. It did work on the forehead lines. I’ll just age gracefully I guess, after all I’m not 20 anymore.