Trusted Contributor

Just wondering if there is a connection with the Borghese Fango Mud line from Italy sold on ShopHQ and Skip Borghese (from Italy) from the Perlier line sold on HSN??

Trusted Contributor

Re: Borghese/Perlier connection

I DO believe there is a family connection and there was an ongoing copyright infringement issue that enabled Skip and his mom from using the Borghese name. I could be wrong but I remember reading something about that, as I am in this area of practice.

Super Contributor

I've always heard there was. They are relatives. There was some big lawsuit a few years back because the Perlier/Elariia name was being "connected to" the Borghese Cosmetics Corp by using the name Prince Scipione Borghese and Princess Amanda Borghese. Apparently, they actually have nothing to do with each other. I don't know how the lawsuit came out.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Marcella is Amanda's mother-in-law. The companies are not related.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

2 different companies, owned by different members of the same extended family. There was some issues about the Perlier people actually using their own last name as representatives their line (not as a product line name), but that was resolved.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think they have too many cozy family Christmases these days.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone purchased and rec'd the Amalfi Coast Honey that was shown on Thurs Night Beauty? I have never tried this line before... I am curious on the scent...

Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 MrsCat21 said:

Has anyone purchased and rec'd the Amalfi Coast Honey that was shown on Thurs Night Beauty? I have never tried this line before... I am curious on the scent...

Perlier Amalfi Coast Honey 3-piece Set

When this was first released many months ago, I ordered it. I am terrible at describing scents but I will try. I did like it very much. It kind of reminds me of their Honey Biscotti which is a sweet scent. It is very hydrating. That size of shower gel really does last a long time because a very little is needed. The body cream is also very luscious. It does not have a floral fragrance. Hope that this helped. Sorry that I did not do a better job of helping you.